Posted on January 31 2019 by Almog Rimmer
Nine years after the original Darksiders was released, the remastered version, Warmastered Edition, was announced as coming to Nintendo Switch. The game is set to arrive April 2nd both physically and digitally, and it will be listed at $29.99 USD.
The Darksiders franchise, created by Vigil Games (now developed by Gunfire Games), has seen three installments so far, with the third launched not too long ago in November. So far, Darksiders has yet to make a big splash on Nintendo consoles, with the first two being released on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC, and later getting remastered for PS4 and Xbox One.
Darksiders shares many similar qualities with the Zelda series, including dungeon exploration, certain collectibles, and fluid combat, and of course, Darksiders is series closely associated with Zelda Dungeon in particular (Darksiders Dungeon represent!). The official press release from THQ details the following:
Deceived by the forces of evil into prematurely bringing about the end of the world, War – the first Horseman of the Apocalypse – stands accused of breaking the sacred law by inciting a war between Heaven and Hell. In the slaughter that ensued, the demonic forces defeated the heavenly hosts and laid claim to the Earth.
– Apocalyptic Power – Unleash the wrath of War, combining brutal attacks and supernatural abilities to decimate all who stand in your way
– Extreme Arsenal – Wield a devastating arsenal of angelic, demonic and Earthly weapons; and blaze a trail of destruction atop Ruin, War’s fiery phantom steed
– Epic Quest – Battle across the wastelands and demon-infested dungeons of the decimated Earth in your quest for vengeance and redemption
– Character Progression – Uncover powerful ancient relics, upgrade your weapons, unlock new abilities, and customize your gameplay style
– Battle Heaven And Hell – Battle against all who stand in your way – from war-weary angelic forces to Hell’s hideous demon hordes
Are you as excited as we are at this announcement? Let us know in the comments!
Source: THQ Nordic