Posted on June 11 2019 by Heather Beard
E3 2019 is upon us! Today’s Nintendo Direct was highly anticipated and gamers were treated to an amazing amount of new content! Below is just a short list of some of the new games and news that Nintendo announced today:
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons, and news about the delayed launch date.
- Luigi’s Mansion 3
- Banjo-Kazooie and Dragon Quest’s Hero are the newest DLC fighters to make it in the Super Smash Bros: Ultimate lineup.
- Link’s Awakening – coming September 20, 2019.
- Cadence of Hyrule – dropping later this week!
- Daemon X Machina
- The Pokéball Plus can be used in Pokémon Sword and Shield
- No More Heroes 3
- A very long list of third party games.
- And a sequel to Breath of the Wild is currently in development!
Today felt like an early Christmas for me! I am really looking forward to the Cadence of Hyrule launch later this week, Link’s Awakening, Animal Crossing, and the Breath of the Wild Sequel! When they said that they had one more game to announce at the tail end of the direct, I was a little skeptical if they would be announcing a main line Zelda title. I was very surprised!
I am extremely impressed with the variety of games that were announced today and hearing the release date for many popular titles too. I am a little disappointed about the delay of Animal Crossing, but if it means getting a great game verses a good game, I’m happy to wait.
Did you have a favorite game that was announced? Did you scream in joy at any of the announcements? I know I did for a quite a few. Were there any games that you were expecting to see, but didn’t see? Did all of your Nintendo dreams come true? Sound off in the comments below!