Posted on June 06 2011 by Nathanial Rumphol-Janc
Dawn of The Final Day. 24 Hours Remain until Nintendo’s 2011 E3 Press Conference. We have heard all of the rumors, we’ve mentioned everything that we could see at E3, and we’ve speculated over all of the surprise announcements that could be made. It’s finally time for us to give our site’s predictions for what we will see.
So, of course, these are just our predictions. Some of them have been confirmed already by Nintendo, others are logical to assume, and some of the others are pretty much just
pulling things out of our ass subscribing to rumors. While we’ve gone by what we know of Nintendo and their past, in some cases we’ve gone with nothing but a bit of gut instinct.
In many cases we really hope we’re wrong, because what we want differs from what we realistically expect. So come on inside for everything we think that we will and won’t see at E3. These are Zelda Informer’s official E3 2011 predictions.
The Legend of Zelda
- We may see a final trailer for Ocarina of Time 3D and a reminder of the release date – but given it wasn’t even mentioned last year, don’t expect it to be seen at all.
- Skyward Sword will be featured prominently as one of the main sections of the conference. We will see a new trailer, more gameplay and heaps more details. It will release in 2011, and we probably won’t get a specific date – just a general time period. It will also not be released on Kafei. It will be playable on the show floor.
- Zelda William’s secretive Nintendo shooting will not be revealed at E3, as it was filmed too late.
- The Zelda 25th Anniversary surprise will not just be a special bundle. That may be a part of it, but not all of it.
- There will be no Kafei or 3DS titles announced, but we will get details on what to expect of Zelda on the 3DS eShop.
- A trailer and release date for Professor Layton and the Specter’s Flute in the west.
- Very little else, which will pretty much tell us that the DS is done and dusted. Killed by the 3DS.
- A rundown of games coming to the eShop in the near future.
- Trailers, details and a release date/period for the following titles – which are likely to be playable on the show floor:
- Kid Icarus: Uprising
- Star Fox 64 3D
- Super Mario 3D
- Paper Mario 3D
- Mario Kart 3D
- Animal Crossing 3D
- There will be no mention of the following titles:
- Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle
- Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney
- There will be some big new games announced, such as Pokemon, Donkey Kong, or Dragon Quest, for the 3DS.
- Pikmin 3 and Kirby Wii will finally be revealed with a trailer and release date. Also playable on show floor.
- Wii Play: Motion – trailer and date reminder. Also playable.
- Sadly – The Last Story, Xenoblade and Pandora’s Tower will not be mentioned.
- There will be several big Wii titles announced to see out the life of the console. For example: a New Super Mario Bros. Wii 2.
- It will be revealed with a launch date of mid to late 2012 announced.
- It will either be called Nintendo Café, or a name we haven’t yet heard.
- It will be backwards compatible with the Wii. Wii Remotes will work with the new console, but new Café remotes will also be available.
- It will succeed the Wii – not sell alongside it. It is Nintendo’s next generation of console, and not just a step towards the new generation.
- It will have awesome hardware and online capabilities that are beyond that of current generation consoles.
- The controller will have a screen, gyroscope and a camera.
- Third party developers have had development kits for a long time. Therefore there will be lots of titles available in the launch window.
- It will be playable on the show floor.
- Big Nintendo titles announced will include:
- Mario Kart
- Super Smash Bros. 4
- A (Super) Mario Game
- A Donkey Kong (Country) Game
- A Pokémon online game.
- No announcement of anything special for Metroid or Dragon Quest’s 25th anniversary.
- Reggie will finally give us another epic quote to go with “kickin’ ass…takin’ names…playin’ games”, “I am happy”, and “My Body is Ready”.
So there you have it – our predictions. Some of them make us so excited that this last 24 hours of waiting will be hard. Others make us cringe that we have predicted them, such as in cases where we’re saying we won’t get something that we want (Pandora’s Tower or Zelda William’s shooting). So do you agree? What are your predictions for Nintendo’s E3 2011 Press Conference?