There is one type of Zelda game that is commonly disliked among fans. Whenever these games are brought up in the comment sections, the commenter is attacked for speaking of the “unspeakable”. This week’s Collection Spotlight showcases Mike from the great state of Ohio. Mike loves the CD-i games and considers them to be the highlights and most prized possessions in his collection. Hit the jump to see the vast amount of items that Mike has!
Hi, my name is Mike, and I’m a 19-year-old from Ohio. My first experience with Zelda was watching my brothers play Ocarina of Time, and I fell in love with the openness of the game. Since then, I’ve played the games on and off, and I didn’t truly start to complete the series until about 2009 when I went back and played some of the older games.
Since then I’ve been collecting, and I have achieved many goals I made at the beginning. One thing I love about collecting is that with each completed goal, you can continue to make new ones. I still have many new goals in expanding the collection.
- The Legend of Zelda
- The Adventure of Link
- A Link to the Past
- A Link to the Past Player’s Choice
- Ocarina of Time Collector’s Edition
- Majora’s Mask Collector’s Edition
- Link’s Awakening
- Link’s Awakening DX
- Oracle of Ages
- Oracle of Seasons
- A Link to the Past and Four Swords
- The Minish Cap
- Four Swords Adventures
- Four Swords Adventures Player’s Choice
- The Wind Waker Collector’s Edition with Ocarina of Time Master Quest
- The Wind Waker Player’s Choice
- Twilight Princess
- Skyward Sword
- Phantom Hourglass
- Spirit Tracks
- A Link Between Worlds
- Ocarina of Time 3D
- GameCube Collector’s Edition Promotional Disk
- The Wind Waker HD
- The Legend of Zelda Game and Watch
- The Legend of Zelda Game Watch
- The Legend of Zelda Game and Watch Mini Classics
- The Legend of Zelda Cards for the Barcode Battler II System
- The Faces of Evil
- The Wand of Gamelon
- Link’s Crossbow Training
- Tingle’s Rosy Rupeeland
- Tingle’s Balloon Trip of Love
- Tingle’s Balloon Fight
- Hyrule Historia
- The Legend of Zelda Prima Strategy Guide Treasure Box Set
- A Link Between Worlds Prima Collector’s Guide
- Unofficial Plastic Cases for the first two Games
- The Legend of Zelda Complete Animated Series
- The Wind Waker Plush Doll
- Unopened Figma Link
- Unopened three piece Ocarina of Time Figure Set. Includes Zelda, Ganondorf, and Link
- Unofficial BS The Legend of Zelda Box
- The Wind Waker Special Edition Wii U
My favorite item would have to be The Wand of Gamelon. Even though it may not be loved much by the Zelda fanbase, it was the first big landmark in my collection, and I actually enjoy playing it.
The main additions I want to have are more figures including the ones issued by Gashapon, and a couple of the First 4 Figures, especially Skull Kid and Ocarina of Time Link. The only other game on my list to get at this point is Zelda’s Adventure, which is ridiculously expensive.
In closing I ask, would you like to see your collection spotlighted on the website? Do you want to share how you got into Zelda and show off the items you are proud of owning?
Send me an email at email@example.com. Include some pictures, a little background of who you are, how you got into Zelda, your first Zelda game, a listing of the items you have now, what you hope to own in the future, and your favorite item.
Please do not be frightened or discouraged when you see these showcases. I’m receiving emails from collectors who are hesitant to have their collections featured even though they are quite good.
Also feel free to comment on whatever you like. What was your favorite item? What type of items would you like to see in the Collection Selection? List it below and I will attempt to find it for sale!