Posted on February 10 2018 by Gooey Fame
Welcome to the Cave of Trials. The premise is simple: Every week, two characters from The Legend of Zelda series will duke it out for the Zelda Dungeon Championship. Whoever has more votes at the end of the week, wins. This is strictly a popularity contest, not who you think would win in a fight; so vote for who you like better! The winner will then go on next week to defend the title against a new challenger, as decided by you guys! That’s right, leave a name in the comments of who you want to see step up next and the character with the most votes will get their chance to dethrone the champion next week! Be warned though – a character only has one shot, so choose wisely. If a champion is successful in defending their title for six weeks in a row, that champion will be retired and the title declared vacant!
I, Gooey, will be your special guest general manager for this weeks competition. Determined to bring a hard hitting match, I have signed the hottest free agent in The Legend of Zelda universe.
That’s right! Stepping into the ring this week is the mysterious Happy Mask Salesman. Our champion Mipha is no stranger to the mysterious though. Having been the first champion to take on two challengers at once, she is looking pretty strong going into this battle. Will Mipha be able to claim a fourth title defense? Or will she meet a terrible fate?
The stage is set. Mipha. Happy Mask Salesman. Ring the bell!
Cave of Trials: Week 23
- Mipha (c) (58%, 159 Votes)
- Happy Mask Salesman (42%, 115 Votes)
Total Voters: 274
Current Champions Record:
Week 20 – Mipha (53%) def. Skull Kid (47%)
Week 21 – Mipha (85%) def. Agatha (15%)
Week 22 – Mipha (40%) def. Sheik (35%) Prince Sidon (25%)
…. But that’s not all! Commencing Week 25, there will be a 16-Team Tournament to crown the Tag Team Championships, and it’s up to you guys to nominate the teams! There are a few ground rules for nominating a team though:
- A character can only be in one team; so Link cannot team with Zelda, and also with Midna. Likewise, all Link’s, Zelda’s, and Impa’s will be counted as one character.
- The team you nominate has to make some kind of story-line sense; Link and Ganondorf would never team up, but Dark Link and Ganondorf? Well, they probably could.
- Nominate as many teams as you want; If there’s no clear cut teas though, I’ll use my discretion to pick them. I’ll also use the same discretion to select the seeds in the bracket.
Hall of Fame: