Posted on February 03 2018 by Andy Spiteri
Welcome to the Cave of Trials. The premise is simple: Every week, two characters from The Legend of Zelda series will duke it out for the Zelda Dungeon Championship. Whoever has more votes at the end of the week, wins. This is strictly a popularity contest, not who you think would win in a fight; so vote for who you like better! The winner will then go on next week to defend the title against a new challenger, as decided by you guys! That’s right, leave a name in the comments of who you want to see step up next and the character with the most votes will get their chance to dethrone the champion next week! Be warned though – a character only has one shot, so choose wisely. If a champion is successful in defending their title for six weeks in a row, that champion will be retired and the title declared vacant!
The heat has officially been turned up as we host our first ever Triple Threat match for the Zelda Dungeon Championship!
After completely embarrassing Agatha last week, Mipha is riding a giant wave of momentum into battle, but then, no Champion has ever had to fend off two challengers before. Sidon scored an impressive victory in a rematch with former champion The Hero’s Shade, while Shiek dispatched of fan favorite Dark Link in order to get back into the title mix, so all three competitors enter on a hot streak.
Champion vs Sage vs Prince. There can only be one. But who will it be? Let’s find out!
Cave of Trials: Week 22
- Mipha (c) (40%, 126 Votes)
- Sheik (35%, 109 Votes)
- Prince Sidon (25%, 80 Votes)
Total Voters: 315
Current Champions Record:
Week 20 – Mipha (53%) def. Skull Kid (47%)
Week 21 – Mipha (85%) def. Agatha (15%)
…. But that’s not all! Commencing Week 25, there will be a 16-Team Tournament to crown the Tag Team Championships, and it’s up to you guys to nominate the teams! There are a few ground rules for nominating a team though:
- A character can only be in one team; so Link cannot team with Zelda, and also with Midna. Likewise, all Link’s, Zelda’s, and Impa’s will be counted as one character.
- The team you nominate has to make some kind of story-line sense; Link and Ganondorf would never team up, but Dark Link and Ganondorf? Well, they probably could.
- Nominate as many teams as you want; If there’s no clear cut teas though, I’ll use my discretion to pick them. I’ll also use the same discretion to select the seeds in the bracket.
Here we go guys! The first ever Triple Threat match and a Tag Team Title tournament! What a time to be alive!
Hall of Fame: