Caption Contest 379: Is That The Holodeck?
Posted on May 22 2023 by Rod Lloyd
Hello, everyone. What say you to another exciting edition of the Zelda Dungeon Caption Contest? Now that we’re more than a week removed from Tears of the Kingdom‘s release, I think it’s safe to say that many of us have more than a few hours invested in the new Zelda title. With that said, I’m sure many of us know exactly what is being depicted in today’s contest image. But for the benefit of those still trying to avoid early-game spoilers, I’ll just pretend that it’s the Holodeck from Star Trek.
Last Week’s Contest:
We saw so many great sci-fi references last week.
Here are our photo caption winners:
By: Michael Furness
Here are our photoshop caption winners:
By: Kirk Hopko
Here are our non-photo caption winners:
- Downthrust: “Thats no moon… the last two I saw were either red or had a face on them…”
- IceRod: Breath of the Wild loved making Link put a ball in a hole, but for Tears of the Kingdom, you will need to put Link in a hole in a ball!
- P3rs0n: me: can I get starwarsmom:
we have starwars at home
Starwars at home:
- Julie_Fierce: Now that’s what I call a ball drop!
- New Zelda Lover: GYAAT! she hella round.
This Week’s Contest:
Those snakes are definitely hungry for something.
Here are the guidelines:
- Please refrain from using offensive material (racial, sexual, overuse of offensive language, etc.) We want to make the contest fun and accessible for fans of all ages. When in doubt, keep it Nintendo.
- If you don’t have the ability to edit the image, just leave it as a comment. We make sure to have a separate list of winners for this category.
- Photo editing and manipulation (i.e. Photoshop) is allowed, but these entries will be part of a separate list of winners for this category.
- Everyone is entitled to their own opinion at Zelda Dungeon. In fact, we encourage discussion based on those opinions. However, please do not insult other fans’ work. What may be funny to one person may not hold true for another… and that’s OK.
- Have fun and be creative!
Don’t forget to check back throughout the week and upvote your favorites, and, who knows? Maybe you will be one of next week’s winners.
Rod Lloyd is the managing editor at Zelda Dungeon, primarily overseeing the news and feature content of the site. Rod is considered the veteran of the writing team, having started writing for Zelda Informer in 2014 as a junior editor. After ZD and ZI officially merged in 2017, he stepped into the managing editor role and has helped steer the ship ever since.
You can reach Rod at: email@example.com