Caption Contest 365: It’s a New Day, Yes It Is!
Posted on February 06 2023 by Rod Lloyd
Hey there, Zelda fans! The Zelda Dungeon Caption Contest is back again for a very special occasion. This week marks our 365th contest! Yes, after eight years of running this dang thing, we’ve now racked up one contest for every day of the calendar year. That’s absolutely insane! So, to commemorate this important day, let’s feature a screenshot from the modern classic Breath of the Wild.
Last Week’s Contest:
Link had some deep thoughts last week.
Here are our non-photo caption winners:
- Mask Of Truth: “if there is a whole kingdom under us, then whats above us?”
- IceRod: “King of Red Lions, I wonder what the other 2D Links are doing right now?”
- pyridiss: Oh no… a seagull just pooped above my head…
Impact in 3…2…1…
- Matt Pederberg: King of Red Lions: “Link, we should proceed swiftly to the Forsaken Fortress!”
Link: “Sure, whatever floats your boat.”
This Week’s Contest:
What’s that rising up from the East? Is that Tears of the Kingdom‘s release date?
Here are the guidelines:
- Please refrain from using offensive material (racial, sexual, overuse of offensive language, etc.) We want to make the contest fun and accessible for fans of all ages. When in doubt, keep it Nintendo.
- If you don’t have the ability to edit the image, just leave it as a comment. We make sure to have a separate list of winners for this category.
- Photo editing and manipulation (i.e. Photoshop) is allowed, but these entries will be part of a separate list of winners for this category.
- Everyone is entitled to their own opinion at Zelda Dungeon. In fact, we encourage discussion based on those opinions. However, please do not insult other fans’ work. What may be funny to one person may not hold true for another… and that’s OK.
- Have fun and be creative!
Don’t forget to check back throughout the week and upvote your favorites, and, who knows? Maybe you will be one of next week’s winners.
Rod Lloyd is the Editor-In-Chief at Zelda Dungeon, overseeing the news and feature content for the site. Rod is considered the veteran of the writing team, having started writing for Zelda Informer in 2014 as a Junior Editor. After ZD and ZI officially merged in 2017, he stepped into the Managing Editor role and has helped steer the ship ever since. He stepped up to lead the writing team as Editor-In-Chief in 2023.
You can reach Rod at: firstname.lastname@example.org