Caption Contest 364: Soul Searching
Posted on January 30 2023 by Rod Lloyd
Greetings, all you Zelda fans! Are you ready to kick off another excursion into Zelda Dungeon’s weekly Caption Contest? After putting in a lot of work for last week’s Dungeon Week festivities, I’ve felt it necessary to kick back a little bit the past few days. And while searching my contest folder for this week’s featured image, I found a screenshot from The Wind Waker that perfectly reflects my relaxed state of mind. Now, let’s get this contest started before I doze off.
Last Week’s Contest:
Link got swallowed by a living dungeon last week.
By: Mask Of Truth
Here are our photoshop caption winners:
Here are our non-photo caption winners:
- IceRod: Jabu Jabu: “Come on in. I promise not to eat you, talking green fish. You can trust me.”
Link: “Oh no. This happened with the Deku Tree too.”
- Kestron: I will be like Kirby and swallow you. Then I can get the sword power-up!
- Queen Wisp: “Hey kid, there’s candy in here.”
- pyridiss: Poor fish. Could you swallow Navi as well, please?
- Sam: “0h, yes. I see the problem. Those two back molars will definitely need to come out.”
This Week’s Contest:
What could be going through Link’s head here?
Here are the guidelines:
- Please refrain from using offensive material (racial, sexual, overuse of offensive language, etc.) We want to make the contest fun and accessible for fans of all ages. When in doubt, keep it Nintendo.
- If you don’t have the ability to edit the image, just leave it as a comment. We make sure to have a separate list of winners for this category.
- Photo editing and manipulation (i.e. Photoshop) is allowed, but these entries will be part of a separate list of winners for this category.
- Everyone is entitled to their own opinion at Zelda Dungeon. In fact, we encourage discussion based on those opinions. However, please do not insult other fans’ work. What may be funny to one person may not hold true for another… and that’s OK.
- Have fun and be creative!
Don’t forget to check back throughout the week and upvote your favorites, and, who knows? Maybe you will be one of next week’s winners.
Rod Lloyd is the managing editor at Zelda Dungeon, primarily overseeing the news and feature content of the site. Rod is considered the veteran of the writing team, having started writing for Zelda Informer in 2014 as a junior editor. After ZD and ZI officially merged in 2017, he stepped into the managing editor role and has helped steer the ship ever since.
You can reach Rod at: firstname.lastname@example.org