The wait is over, Zelda fans! The Zelda Dungeon Caption Contest is finally back to give you some much-needed joy this Monday afternoon! I do apologize for the small hiatus this month. I participated in the 2022 Zelda Dungeon Marathon late last month; and while I had the time of my life, I must admit that the break-neck schedule left me needing a little rest. In any case, in honor of my victorious run of Ocarina of Time 3D at the marathon, here’s an image from that Zelda classic for your captioning pleasure.
Our Last Contest:
Sonic gave a heartfelt goodbye to Saria in our last contest.
Here are our photoshop caption winners:
Here are our non-photo caption winners:
- Revali_is_best: “When there’s a shady character in a back alley”
- Mask Of Truth: “Thank you Sonic, but your princess is in a different game”
- Kestron: “I’ll bet I can beat the Running Man…”
- Wild Tray: “In this scene, Sonic is about to punish you for playing on N64 and Saria is just trying not to be noticed.”
This Week’s Contest:
This is the face I make when I screw up a song in Ocarina of Time 3D because I’m too used to the Nintendo 64 buttons.
Here are the guidelines:
- Please refrain from using offensive material (racial, sexual, overuse of offensive language, etc.) We want to make the contest fun and accessible for fans of all ages. When in doubt, keep it Nintendo.
- If you don’t have the ability to edit the image, just leave it as a comment. We make sure to have a separate list of winners for this category.
- Photo editing and manipulation (i.e. Photoshop) is allowed, but these entries will be part of a separate list of winners for this category.
- Everyone is entitled to their own opinion at Zelda Dungeon. In fact, we encourage discussion based on those opinions. However, please do not insult other fans’ work. What may be funny to one person may not hold true for another… and that’s OK.
- Have fun and be creative!
Don’t forget to check back throughout the week and upvote your favorites, and, who knows? Maybe you will be one of next week’s winners.
Rod Lloyd is the managing editor at Zelda Dungeon, primarily overseeing the news and feature content of the site. Rod is considered the veteran of the writing team, having started writing for Zelda Informer in 2014 as a junior editor. After ZD and ZI officially merged in 2017, he stepped into the managing editor role and has helped steer the ship ever since.
You can reach Rod at: email@example.com