What’s up, Zelda fans! I hope you’re staying cheerful and safe during this 2020 holiday season. This week would typically be reserved for a more festive image in Zelda Dungeon’s Caption Contest, but given the debut of a certain SOLDIER 1st Class in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, I have thrown out tradition because I just want to indulge in my nostalgia. Okay! We’ve got an image of Sephiroth being Sephiroth for this week’s contest, so let’s party like it was 1997!
Last Week’s Contest:
Princess Zelda joined the Pokémon league last week.
Here are our non-photo caption winners:
- Ethan Hunt: “Zelda’s just mad that Groose wasn’t the one that was being revealed. Heck, even Mewtwo’s mad about it.”
- Undercover Nerd: Zelda: “Why the heck did I choose to do A nuzlocke!?”
- Julie Mae Javier: Zelda: Shouldn’t your trainer be facing Sephiroth by now?
Mewtwo: Shouldn’t your Link be facing him either?
- Dylan: Zelda: “Mewtwo… we need to stop Sethiroth and Ganondorf, use Psychostrike!”
Mewtwo: “I am…Steve!”
- IceRod: “So we can’t get Final Fantasy VII Remake on Switch, but we can get Sephiroth in Smash? Make it make sense!”
This Week’s Contest:
I like to imagine this scene follows the one depicted in last week’s contest.
Here are the guidelines:
- Please refrain from using offensive material (racial, sexual, overuse of offensive language, etc.) We want to make the contest fun and accessible for fans of all ages. When in doubt, keep it Nintendo.
- If you don’t have the ability to edit the image, just leave it as a comment. We make sure to have a separate list of winners for this category.
- Photo editing and manipulation (i.e. Photoshop) is allowed, but these entries will be part of a separate list of winners for this category.
- Everyone is entitled to their own opinion at Zelda Dungeon. In fact, we encourage discussion based on those opinions. However, please do not insult other fans’ work. What may be funny to one person may not hold true for another… and that’s OK.
- Have fun and be creative!
Don’t forget to check back throughout the week and upvote your favorites, and, who knows? Maybe you will be one of next week’s winners.