Happy Monday, everyone! The beginning of the work week may have me sleepy, but that won’t stop us from kicking off another Zelda Dungeon Caption Contest. During last week’s Nintendo Direct, we learned that Animal Crossing‘s Isabelle would be joining the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate roster. Her debut has sparked a minor debate in the fanbase, as some don’t see Isabelle’s cutesy demeanor as fitting for Nintendo’s long-running fighting franchise. Well, I say, “pooh-pooh,” to that! Smash is full of cutesy characters already, as evidenced by this image of the adorable Pichu and the equally adorable Princess Zelda.
Last Week’s Contest:
The winners of last week’s contest leaned in on Wario’s inherent grossness.
By: Hylian Terrier
And here our non-photo caption winners:
- Corey Richmond: “A “breath mint” of this power is the only way to clear out that nasty garlic breath Wario!”
- Travis Stiles: “My name is Wario Dodongo. You killed my father. Prepare to die.”
- Dylan: “Open Wide!! this will get yeah off my back for a while. / it’s hungry hungry Wario’s!!”
- IceRod: “Where is the second picture to show Wario blasting Link with the firepower he gets from this bomb out of the other end?”
- Benjamin Kuvshinikov: Young link: hey wario wanna help me redefine heartburn?
This Week’s Contest:
Does Zelda’s blank stare terrify anyone else?
Here are the guidelines:
- Please refrain from using offensive material (racial, sexual, overuse of offensive language, etc.) We want to make the contest fun and accessible for fans of all ages. When in doubt, keep it Nintendo.
- If you don’t have the ability to edit the image, just leave it as a comment. We make sure to have a separate list of winners for this category.
- Photo editing and manipulation (i.e. Photoshop) is allowed, but these entries will be part of a separate list of winners for this category.
- Everyone is entitled to their own opinion at Zelda Dungeon. In fact, we encourage discussion based on those opinions. However, please do not insult other fans’ work. What may be funny to one person may not hold true for another…and that’s OK.
- Have fun and be creative!
Don’t forget to check back throughout the week and upvote your favorites, and, who knows? Maybe you will be one of next week’s winners!