Posted on July 23 2018 by Rod Lloyd
Hey, everyone! A new week can only mean one thing: a new Zelda Dungeon Caption Contest. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is the caption gift that just keeps on giving. It seems like the development team had so much fun producing silly screenshots of the game’s massive roster, as the official Smash site is absolutely full of them. We’ve been cycling through some of these images since E3, and we’ve only scratched the surface of the Smash team’s hijinks.
Last Week’s Contest:
We didn’t receive too many entries in last week’s contest. I suppose that, after so many matches of Smash Bros., everyone is predisposed to feel absolute apathy when they spot Goldeen.
By: Christian Beach
And here are our non-photo caption winners:
- Iron Tallican: “Anything you can do I can do beeeetter!”
- Legend of Joe Skyward Troll: “This is why our goldfish die so quickly.”
- Oliver Feins: “Sheik used splash: Its Super Effective!”
This Week’s Contest:
The Smash team must really love Heart Containers. Just a few weeks ago, we saw the Four Swords kids fighting over one in an official screenshot.
Here are the guidelines:
- Please refrain from using offensive material (racial, sexual, overuse of offensive language, etc.) We want to make the contest fun and accessible for fans of all ages. When in doubt, keep it Nintendo.
- If you don’t have the ability to edit the image, just leave it as a comment. We make sure to have a separate list of winners for this category.
- Photo editing and manipulation (i.e. Photoshop) is allowed, but these entries will be part of a separate list of winners for this category.
- Everyone is entitled to their own opinion at Zelda Dungeon. In fact, we encourage discussion based on those opinions. However, please do not insult other fans’ work. What may be funny to one person may not hold true for another…and that’s OK.
- Have fun and be creative!
Don’t forget to check back throughout the week and upvote your favorites, and maybe you will be one of next week’s winners!