The latest batch of Zelda Wii rumors, posted only yesterday, has been confirmed just a few minutes ago. We were reluctant to post the source of the rumors earlier because of the dubious validity, and turned our entire attention towards digging up the source. It took some translating, some waiting for administrator approvals, and some investigation, but we can now say, with 99.99% validity, that the Zelda Wii Rumors from yesterday, are true.
- Zelda Wii’s official title is “The Legend of Zelda”. There will be no subtitle.
- The game tells a story several hundred years before Ocarina of Time.It also answers the question of how the Mastersword came into being.
- The fairy-like girl plays is a very important character in the game. Her Name is Zordiana.
- The Hookshot is also in the game and it has new abilities. It will not pull you immediately to the target you aimed. Now it is possible to swing with the Hookshot, like with the Grappling Hook from WW. The Hookshot makes no use of Wii Motion Plus.
- Sometimes you have to “draw” a specific symbol on a door with your sword, to open it.
- The Bow-Control is very similar to the Bow-Control in Wii Sports Resort, as the script shows.
- There are two levels of difficulty. Aonuma put it through. Miyamoto didn’t want to include it.The Normal-Mode for amateurs. The Hero-Mode has no “Super Guide” included and the enemies tougher.
- The On-Stage Dungeon, which is also playable at E3, isn’t a Dungeon as we know it from the Zelda series. When entering a Dungeon, you will not notice you are in one. It will be a smooth gradation. There will be Dungeons with no Bosses and Bosses with no Dungeon. The “Dungeon” you are able to play at E3 will be an Ice-Level. It will be the frist “Dungeon” in the Game.
The day the rumors were posted here, we received an email from a @yahoo.de account listing the rumors and providing a link to a german gaming forum (Thread here). Writing back to that email, we received no answer. Instead, we turned to the guy who posted them on the forum. After registering though we were disappointed to see that a user requires 15 posts to send a private message… Trying to reply to the thread was equally hopeless as the account needs to be verified by an administrator. Twelve hours later, the verification showed up.
The thread unfortunately moved on already (Germans apparently don’t care too much about rumors) so we didn’t actually hope for too much. This morning however, the guy who posted the rumors wrote a random reply to that same thread, just seconds before we checked the thread. Using this momentarily attention, we popped the question and lo and behold, he answered… with a different forum post. Apparently the rumors originated at yet another german Zelda fansite. After finding the thread there, we were relieved when the forum didn’t shout at us when we tried to write a PM. An hour later, we got the confirmation. At the request of the original poster, we will disclose as little info as possible.
The information came from a translator / german language instructor working in Kyoto who was hired at the E3 to prepare Aonuma for his speech. It is not entirely accurate that the info is from the first page of the speech. The original poster is an acquaintance of this person. The information was passed on to him via IM.
In order to protect the identity of both individuals, we are unable to disclose anything else at this point in time.
LAST DISCLAIMER: Due to the nature of the post, many people have, and will still be skeptic, which is normal. I however, as the guy who did all the poking around and all the talking, am going to personally shove a Wii Remote up my nose while humming the Pink Panther theme if this ends up not being true in its entirety. You’ll have plenty of time to fill up my inbox with hateful things after that.
Update: Apparently, someone really, REALLY, does not like us right now. I am too tired to really sort out the whole mess, but the original posting of this with the some odd 200 comments… had to be taken down as that particular post was targeted and made corrupt. It’s a sad world we live in folks. I have brought the post back at the same url, but until we figure out why that particular entry is now corrupt, you have to start fresh. At least I was able to bring this back at the same url. If whoever did this has some “real beef” with us, feel free to contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will take care of your complaints accordingly.