Posted on July 11 2019 by Adam Barham
Hey everyone! Welcome back to Artists of Legend. We have a special announcement to make later that is tied to this week’s challenge. For the time being, let’s check out some awesome submitted artwork!
Last week, we offered a free-for-all Zelda art challenge. While I haven’t been able to collect any submissions you’ve sent me this week, I’ll make sure to include them in feature posts. In the meantime, here’s a bunch of artwork that you’ve sent us previously!
By _daemon_caelestra_ on Instagram:
By _joreto on Instagram:
By 3lue5tar_t on Instagram:
By 8bithobo on Twitter:
By alessandra_damiano_graphic on Instagram:
By amanda_labovitz on Instagram:
By amanda_ruth_art on Instagram:
By amandaoeiwells on Instagram:
By ambershirelle on Instagram:
By ares_fromhell on Instagram:
By asame_george on Instagram:
By breezybfly on Instagram:
By catman4fr on Instagram:
By cecy.art_.work on Instagram:
By chelseapray on Instagram:
By colonialplague_caitlin on Instagram:
By diceshimi on Instagram:
By drivemeawaytroubledheart on Instagram:
By dungeondoodles on Instagram:
By dusthatter on Instagram:
By fallen_ink on Instagram:
By fermuse on Instagram:
By heartless_link on Instagram:
By hylian_nobody.lina on Instagram:
By joeldsiegel on Instagram:
By joeyfore on Instagram:
By juliarangelb on Instagram:
By juniper.berry_art on Instagram:
By kronosrx on Instagram:
By kuro_baro on Instagram:
Thank you all for sharing your awesome artwork! Keep it up!
This Week’s Challenge
In correlation with this week’s challenge, it’s time for our special announcement! As this previous post mentions, the Zelda Dungeon Marathon is starting Saturday, July 13th, and going all the way through until Friday, July 19th. During our Marathon, Zelda Dungeon is partnering with Linktober with a special art challenge! Each day during the Marathon, a different Zelda game will be focused primarily on. And for each day, the fantastic people at Linktober are offering an art challenge. Your prompt will be based on a combination of two things – first, the roll of a die; and second, the main Zelda game of that day. Use the hashtags #Linktober and #ZDMarathon to share the art you make for your prompts! And, of course, if you want it to be featured here, then also include #artistsoflegend. Here’s the calendar for the art challenges:
Be creative, go crazy, and have fun!
As always, here are the rules for artwork in this series.
- Keep things clean. Zelda Dungeon should be safe for all ages, so don’t go creating foul images, anything too risque, or anything NSFW.
- Stick to the main idea, but feel free to be creative with it. If you want to draw a specific scene from one of the games, go ahead; if you want to come up with something similar to a scene from one of the games with a twist on it, that’s great too.
- Any form of art is acceptable as long as it somehow displays the mentioned scene. You can draw with a pencil and paper, paint on a canvas, make pixel art on a computer, weave, carve, create the scene with Zelda figurines, even do metal work if that’s your thing. Go crazy!
- While you can submit your work in the comment section, the preferred methods are putting your work in the comment section here on Zelda Dungeon, or Tweeting or posting on Instagram with #artistsoflegend. It makes it easier for me to find the art when you submit it.
- Do not steal art from someone else.
- Do not insult other people’s art. Peaceful critiques and thoughts are one thing; direct insults are another.
- There’s no pressure. Just have fun!
I look forward to seeing what you guys create this time, and I’ll see you all next week!
Adam is an original content editor for Zelda Dungeon. He enjoys a good cup of tea. He’s incredibly hyped for BotW 2. Follow him on Twitter