Posted on February 13 2020 by Adam Barham
Hey there! Welcome back to Artists of Legend, everyone! You all know the drill by now, I’m sure. As usual, we have more great artwork to share this week, and if you have the time and would like to participate, we have another challenge for you. Speaking of which, I’m always looking for new ideas for weekly challenges, so if you have one that might be fun and interesting, let me know – it might show up at some point. Now, let’s get right into everything!
Last week, we asked you to create artwork of a couple in Zelda. And here’s what you sent us!
By charlotte_ravenalls_art on Instagram:
This next one is an older submission that also ties into this week’s prompt.
By zelda_nerd.101 on Instagram:
Here’s a bunch more great submitted artwork as well!
By thesociallyawkwardturtle on Instagram:
By thomaswiild on Instagram:
By thundernaky on Instagram:
By toastymars on Instagram:
By torizzard on Instagram:
By tsukitsutsuii on Instagram:
By vonturtle on Instagram:
By yeuxtournesol on Instagram:
By zombiebunnyink on Instagram:
By zutzapin on Instagram:
By markiled on Instagram:
By nafs_creative_corner on Instagram:
By sophiepf_ on Instagram:
By springsekai on Instagram:
By stardustcindy on Instagram:
By Super Paper Link on Discord:
By the.final.fanartist on Instagram:
By thelovelyskip on Instagram:
By thezezelf on Instagram:
By tr.wild on Instagram:
By tsukitsutsuii on Instagram:
By xwilliamleex on Instagram:
By zeldaandfairies on Instagram:
Thank you all for sharing your awesome artwork! I always thoroughly enjoy seeing it! Keep the creativity flowing!
This Week’s Challenge
Valentine’s Day is here, but of course, it has two sides! There’s the side for couples, and Single’s Awareness Day. This prompt comes courtesy of blanche.draws on the official Linktober Discord server. In recognition of the Single’s Awareness Day along with Valentine’s Day, we’d like to celebrate Tingle Awareness Day. Just create artwork featuring the classic 40-year-old wannabe fairy who’s good with maps. Be creative, go crazy, and have fun!
As always, here are the rules for artwork in this series.
- Keep things clean. Zelda Dungeon should be safe for all ages, so don’t go creating foul images, anything too risque, or anything NSFW.
- Stick to the main idea, but feel free to be creative with it. If you want to draw a specific scene from one of the games, go ahead; if you want to come up with something similar to a scene from one of the games with a twist on it, that’s great too.
- Any form of art is acceptable as long as it somehow displays the mentioned scene. You can draw with a pencil and paper, paint on a canvas, make pixel art on a computer, weave, carve, create the scene with Zelda figurines, even do metal work if that’s your thing. Go crazy!
- While you can submit your work in the comment section, the preferred methods are putting your work in the comment section here on Zelda Dungeon, or Tweeting or posting on Instagram with #artistsoflegend. It makes it easier for me to find the art when you submit it.
- Do not steal art from someone else.
- Do not insult other people’s art. Peaceful critiques and thoughts are one thing; direct insults are another.
- There’s no pressure. Just have fun!
I look forward to seeing what you guys create, and I’ll see you all next week!
Adam is an original content editor for Zelda Dungeon. He enjoys a good cup of tea. He’s hyped for BotW 2 and hopes we’ll get a Nintendo Direct with more news for it soon. Follow him on Twitter