Hello again! We’re back again, and the holidays are coming up soon, so be prepared for some Zelda-themed holiday challenges starting soon! But for now, things are sticking to the norm, so let’s get to it!
Last Week’s Challenge
Last week, we asked you to create art of Link being trained by the Hero’s Shade from Twilight Princess. There’s only one piece of art this week, which isn’t a submission, but it’s still some terrific work!
By Radiant on DeviantArt
I’m looking forward to seeing you guys making more good art in the future!
This Week’s Challenge
This week we’re doing something a little bit different: this week’s challenge was actually fan-requested! Several weeks ago, Breath of the Wild. Whether it may be something like the Hookshot or the Beetle from Skyward Sword, we’d like you to redesign some classic old items.threw out a suggestion that I thought was pretty good and could yield some cool art! So with that in mind, this week, we’d like you to create art of what some classic items would look like if they were designed like the Sheikah technology in
Here are the rules for the contest:
- Keep things clean. Zelda Dungeon-Informer should be safe for all ages, so don’t go creating foul images or anything NSFW.
- Stick to the main idea, but feel free to be creative with it. If you want to draw a specific scene from one of the games, go ahead; if you want to come up with something similar to a scene from one of the games with a twist on it, that’s great too.
- Any form of art is acceptable as long as it somehow displays the mentioned scene. You can draw with a pencil and paper, paint on a canvas, make pixel art on a computer, weave, carve, create the scene with Zelda figurines, even do metal work if that’s your thing. Go crazy!
- While you can submit your work in the comment section, the preferred methods are putting you work in the comment section here on Zelda Dungeon, or Tweeting or posting on Instagram with #artistsoflegend. It makes it easier for me to find the art when you submit it.
- Do not steal art from someone else. I will be checking every submission I receive.
- Do not insult other people’s art. Peaceful critiques and thoughts are one thing; direct insults are another.
- There’s no pressure, so just have fun!
I look forward to seeing what you guys create this time, and I’ll see you all next week!
Adam is an original content editor for Zelda Informer; He likes sipping tea; Follow him on Twitter