Posted on June 28 2018 by Adam Barham
Welcome back to Artists of Legend, everyone! We have more artwork to share and to offer a new challenge to offer once again this week! Don’t forget to follow EternaLegend is currently working on two completely original pieces for this series, on DeviantArt and Twitter! With all of that said, let’s get right into everything!
Last week, we asked for artwork that is related to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. While we have yet to receive any submissions specifically for that theme in particular, here is some other artwork that we did receive!
By emeraldinthefogg on Instagram:
By el.arte.de.vero on Instagram:
Thank you for your submitted artwork! Fantastic work, both of you!
This Week’s Challenge
We always enjoy seeing the artwork you make for the series, whether you choose to follow the current challenge or just choose to enjoy creating fan art off of your own ideas. This week, we’d like to offer you this challenge: we’d like to see your artwork of lands other than Hyrule that appear in The Legend of Zelda. While Hyrule is by far the most well known of the lands in Zelda, there are several others, including as Labrynna, Lorule, and Termina.
As always, here are the rules for the challenge:
- Keep things clean. Zelda Dungeon should be safe for all ages, so don’t go creating foul images or anything NSFW.
- Stick to the main idea, but feel free to be creative with it. If you want to draw a specific scene from one of the games, go ahead; if you want to come up with something similar to a scene from one of the games with a twist on it, that’s great too.
- Any form of art is acceptable as long as it somehow displays the mentioned scene. You can draw with a pencil and paper, paint on a canvas, make pixel art on a computer, weave, carve, create the scene with Zelda figurines, even do metal work if that’s your thing. Go crazy!
- While you can submit your work in the comment section, the preferred methods are putting you work in the comment section here on Zelda Dungeon, or Tweeting or posting on Instagram with #artistsoflegend. It makes it easier for me to find the art when you submit it.
- Do not steal art from someone else.
- Do not insult other people’s art. Peaceful critiques and thoughts are one thing; direct insults are another.
- There’s no pressure, so just have fun!
I look forward to seeing what you guys create this time, and I’ll see you all next week!
Adam is an original content editor for Zelda Dungeon; He likes sipping tea; Follow him on Twitter