Hey! How’s everyone doing this week? Welcome back to our special weekly Artists of Legend for Linktober! I’ve been loving looking at the large variety of artwork I’ve been receiving recently! If your artwork hasn’t been shared yet, don’t worry! I plan to share all of the proper submissions.
This month, we’re partnering with the great folks from Linktober! Every day this month, they are offering Zelda themed art prompts to get your creativity flowing. Go check out their Twitter and Instagram pages, and don’t forget to tag your artwork with #linktober all this month! There’s one more week of Linktober left, so if you’d like to participate, there’s still time!
All this month, we’ll be taking a break from our normal prompts, and instead, we’ll be focusing on Linktober submissions that were tagged with #artistsoflegend. And there are plenty of them, too – plenty enough to keep this series thriving for a long time to come! Now, let’s take a look at twenty fantastic submissions that we’ve gotten in the past week!
By amanda_labovitz on Instagram:
By amandaoeiwells on Instagram:
By amanda_ruth_art on Instagram:
By ambershirelle on Instagram:
By batleena_outo on Instagram:
By chelseapray on Instagram:
By creativesarape on Instagram:
By heartless_link on Instagram:
By hylian_nobody.lina on Instagram:
By joeldsiegel on Instagram:
By juliarangelb on Instagram:
By laura_jane on Instagram:
By maknayenn on Instagram:
By sketchy_gl on Instagram:
By stardustcindy on Instagram:
By vonturtle on Instagram:
By zeldaandfairies on Instagram:
By amandaoeiwells on Instagram, again:
By babanyanchan on Instagram:
By fifthlunarchild on Instagram:
I am once again overwhelmed with how fantastic all of your artwork has been, and how much of it that I’ve been getting! Thank you all for your incredible work, and keep it up!
This Week’s Challenge:
As stated earlier, we’ll be taking a break from our normal prompts and instead focus on Linktober. If you’d like to get involved with Linktober, there’s only one week left, but you’re not too late! To begin, pick one of these three prompt calendars.
The Main Calendar
The Quest Calendar
The Chance Calendar
Next, either start from the beginning of your calendar or start from whatever day it currently is. Then, you can make a piece of artwork related to whatever challenge is currently active each day! Overall, the point is to have fun with it!
As always, here are the rules for artwork in this series.
- Keep things clean. Zelda Dungeon should be safe for all ages, so don’t go creating foul images or anything NSFW.
- Stick to the main idea, but feel free to be creative with it. If you want to draw a specific scene from one of the games, go ahead; if you want to come up with something similar to a scene from one of the games with a twist on it, that’s great too.
- Any form of art is acceptable as long as it somehow displays the mentioned scene. You can draw with a pencil and paper, paint on a canvas, make pixel art on a computer, weave, carve, create the scene with Zelda figurines, even do metal work if that’s your thing. Go crazy!
- While you can submit your work in the comment section, the preferred methods are putting your work in the comment section here on Zelda Dungeon, or Tweeting or posting on Instagram with #artistsoflegend. It makes it easier for me to find the art when you submit it.
- Do not steal art from someone else.
- Do not insult other people’s art. Peaceful critiques and thoughts are one thing; direct insults are another.
- There’s no pressure. Just have fun!
I look forward to seeing what you guys create this time, and I’ll see you all next week!
Adam is an original content editor for Zelda Dungeon; He likes sipping tea; Follow him on Twitter