Hello everyone! We are back this week for another Artists of Legend! “But didn’t you just have Artists of Legend last week?” I can hear you asking. We did! However, because of Inktober and Linktober, we’re having a new entry every week this month!
This month, we’re partnering with the great folks from Linktober! Every day this month, they are offering Zelda themed art prompts to get your creativity flowing. Go check out their Twitter and Instagram pages, and don’t forget to tag your artwork with #linktober all this month.
With all of that said, let’s get right into everything!
All this month, we’ll be taking a break from our normal prompts, and instead, we’ll be focusing on Linktober submissions that were tagged with #artistsoflegend. I’d like to give a brief shout-out to Joel and his teammates at Linktober for helping to supply me with more submitted artwork in the past few days than I’ve received in the entire year that Artists of Legend has been active. Because of this, and because of all of you who have been working on Linktober’s art prompts, this series is set to thrive for a long while to come! Thank you all so much!
Now that that’s out of the way, let’s take a look at twenty fantastic submissions that we’ve gotten in the past week!
By amanda_ruth_art on Instagram:
By amandaoeiwells on Instagram:
By ambershirelle on Instagram:
By chelseapary on Instagram:
By joeyfore on Instagram:
By joeldsiegel on Instagram:
By laura_jane on Instagram:
By maknayenn on Instagram:
By sheikahbird on Instagram:
By waifu.senpai on Instagram:
By ex_parte_motion on Instagram:
By princesseminya on Twitter:
By stardustcindy on Instagram:
By doodlesong_art on Instagram:
By chelseapary on Instagram, again:
By aasilee_art on Instagram:
By ambershirelle on Instagram:
By fermuse on Instagram:
By shusushy on Instagram:
By yeuxtournesol on Instagram:
I’ve been blown away these past few days by the overwhelming amount and quality of artwork that I’ve been receiving! Thank you all for your incredible work, and keep it up!
This Week’s Challenge
As stated earlier, we’ll be taking a break from our normal prompts and instead focus on Linktober. If you’d like to get involved with Linktober, you’re not too late! To begin, pick one of these three prompt calendars.
The Main Calendar
The Quest Calendar
The Chance Calendar
Next, either start from the beginning of your calendar or start from whatever day it currently is. Then, you can make a piece of artwork related to whatever challenge is currently active each day! Overall, the point is to have fun with it!
As always, here are the rules for artwork in this series.
- Keep things clean. Zelda Dungeon should be safe for all ages, so don’t go creating foul images or anything NSFW.
- Stick to the main idea, but feel free to be creative with it. If you want to draw a specific scene from one of the games, go ahead; if you want to come up with something similar to a scene from one of the games with a twist on it, that’s great too.
- Any form of art is acceptable as long as it somehow displays the mentioned scene. You can draw with a pencil and paper, paint on a canvas, make pixel art on a computer, weave, carve, create the scene with Zelda figurines, even do metal work if that’s your thing. Go crazy!
- While you can submit your work in the comment section, the preferred methods are putting your work in the comment section here on Zelda Dungeon, or Tweeting or posting on Instagram with #artistsoflegend. It makes it easier for me to find the art when you submit it.
- Do not steal art from someone else.
- Do not insult other people’s art. Peaceful critiques and thoughts are one thing; direct insults are another.
- There’s no pressure. Just have fun!
I look forward to seeing what you guys create this time, and I’ll see you all next week!
Adam is an original content editor for Zelda Dungeon; He likes sipping tea; Follow him on Twitter