Heya! Welcome back to our special weekly Artists of Legend for Linktober! Even now, I’m still receiving a large amount of incredible artwork that I’m enjoying looking at! If your artwork hasn’t been shared yet, don’t worry – I plan to share all of the proper submissions over time.
This month, we’re partnering with the great folks from Linktober! Every day this month, they are offering Zelda themed art prompts to get your creativity flowing. Go check out their Twitter and Instagram pages, and don’t forget to tag your artwork with #linktober all this month! Now, I’ve been saying that last week would be the last day to cover Linktober. However, looking at my calendar and at the Linktober calendars, I realized that there is actually one more week still left in this series of artistic challenges! Next Thursday is the last day that we’ll be focusing entirely on Linktober, and we’ll return to offering our own prompts! Along with those close of this special Linktober miniseries, I plan to shout out a few artists who have submitted some of my favorite artwork, as well as those who have submitted an especially large amount of it. For now, I’d like to give a brief thanks to Joel and his team at Linktober for providing so much great artwork to this series, both from things that they’ve made and from things that they’ve seen from others!
With all of that said, let’s get right into everything!
All this month, we’ll be taking a break from our normal prompts, and instead, we’ll be focusing on Linktober submissions that were tagged with #artistsoflegend. And there are plenty of them, too – plenty enough to keep this series thriving for a long time to come! Now, let’s take a look at twenty fantastic submissions that we’ve gotten in the past week!
By redfoxani on Instagram:
By 8bithobo on Twitter
By okayarpad on Instagram:
By thomaswiild on Instagram:
By legendeku on Instagram:
By dpart_gallery on Instagram:
By renannbrum on Instagram:
By chelseapray on Instagram:
By munchlc on Instagram:
By princelink on Instagram:
By imdrunkontea on Instagram:
By snow.berrie on Instagram:
By amandaoeiwells on Instagram:
By olyvee_ on Instagram:
By owlyjules on Instagram:
By amanda_ruth_art on Instagram:
By joeldsiegel on Instagram:
By olyvee_ on Instagram, again:
By torizzard on Instagram:
By laura_jane on Instagram:
I am once again overwhelmed with how fantastic all of your artwork has been, and how much of it that I’ve been getting! Thank you all for your incredible work, and keep it up!
This Week’s Challenge
As stated earlier, we’ll be taking a break from our normal prompts and instead focus on Linktober. If you’d like to get involved with Linktober, there’s only one week left, but you’re not too late! To begin, pick one of these three prompt calendars.
The Main Calendar
The Quest Calendar
The Chance Calendar
Next, either start from the beginning of your calendar or start from whatever day it currently is. Then, you can make a piece of artwork related to whatever challenge is currently active each day! Overall, the point is to have fun with it!
As always, here are the rules for artwork in this series.
- Keep things clean. Zelda Dungeon should be safe for all ages, so don’t go creating foul images or anything NSFW.
- Stick to the main idea, but feel free to be creative with it. If you want to draw a specific scene from one of the games, go ahead; if you want to come up with something similar to a scene from one of the games with a twist on it, that’s great too.
- Any form of art is acceptable as long as it somehow displays the mentioned scene. You can draw with a pencil and paper, paint on a canvas, make pixel art on a computer, weave, carve, create the scene with Zelda figurines, even do metal work if that’s your thing. Go crazy!
- While you can submit your work in the comment section, the preferred methods are putting your work in the comment section here on Zelda Dungeon, or Tweeting or posting on Instagram with #artistsoflegend. It makes it easier for me to find the art when you submit it.
- Do not steal art from someone else.
- Do not insult other people’s art. Peaceful critiques and thoughts are one thing; direct insults are another.
- There’s no pressure. Just have fun!
I look forward to seeing what you guys create this time, and I’ll see you all next week!
Adam is an original content editor for Zelda Dungeon; He likes sipping tea; Follow him on Twitter