Hey there! Welcome back to Artists of Legend! Also, Happy Linktober! This month, as we’ve done in years, we’re partnering with the great folks from Linktober! Every day this month, they are offering Zelda themed art prompts to get your creativity flowing. You can check out more info about them, as well as links to their social media pages, on their website. And don’t forget to tag your artwork with #linktober all this month! I can’t wait to see what everyone creates!
Now, let’s get right on into everything!
Last week, we asked you to create artwork of signs of damage from battles in Hyrule. We have only one submission this week, but we also have plenty of other submitted artwork to share! If you wanted to submit to us but were too busy to, don’t worry! We all get busy sometimes; you focus on what you need to, and we’ll be here when you have the time. And you’re probably busy planning for Linktober, anyway!
Our submission for last week’s challenge is by Number1miracul1 on Twitter and Zelda Dungeon:
Here’s a bunch more great submitted artwork as well!
By ambershirelle on Instagram:
By banandraws on Twitter:
By enixy on Instagram:
By joeldsiegel on Instagram:
By laura_jane on Instagram:
By legendeku on Instagram:
By pe.ayalart on Instagram:
By princelink on Instagram:
By princeoferror on Instagram:
By stalizalfos_lord on Instagram:
By stardustcindy on Instagram:
By vonturtle on Instagram:
By Diana Santacruz on Facebook:
By doibznic on Instagram:
By f0reverart1stic on Twitter:
By fallen_ink on Instagram:
By geist_stencils on Instagram:
By Golden Telephone on Zelda Dungeon:
By houseofcardsgifts on Instagram:
By lukecloughart on Instagram:
By markiled on Instagram:
By mrscounterman on Instagram:
By nafs_creative_corner on Instagram:
By zhstudioart on Twitter:
Thank you all for sharing your awesome artwork! I always thoroughly enjoy seeing it! Keep the creativity flowing!
This Week’s Challenge
For the next several weeks, we’ll be having a change from our standard style of prompts. Just like we did in years past, we’ll be partnering with Linktober! To participate, pick whichever calendar – or calendars – you’d like to follow; then create artwork for the prompt given on each day of the calendar, and share it with #Linktober and #ArtistsofLegend!
Here are the four calendars available for Linktober:
The Main Calendar
The Chance Calendar
The Quest Calendar
The Shadow Calendar
Be creative, go crazy, and have fun!
As always, here are the rules for artwork in this series.
- Keep things clean. Zelda Dungeon should be safe for all ages, so don’t go creating foul images, anything too risque, or anything NSFW.
- Stick to the main idea, but feel free to be creative with it. If you want to draw a specific scene from one of the games, go ahead; if you want to come up with something similar to a scene from one of the games with a twist on it, that’s great too.
- Any form of art is acceptable as long as it somehow displays the mentioned scene. You can draw with a pencil and paper, paint on a canvas, make pixel art on a computer, weave, carve, create the scene with Zelda figurines, even do metal work if that’s your thing. Go crazy!
- While you can submit your work in the comment section, the preferred methods are putting your work in the comment section here on Zelda Dungeon, or Tweeting or posting on Instagram with #artistsoflegend. It makes it easier for me to find the art when you submit it.
- Do not steal art from someone else.
- Do not insult other people’s art. Peaceful critiques and thoughts are one thing; direct insults are another.
- There’s no pressure. Just have fun!
I look forward to seeing what you guys create this time, and I’ll see you all next week!
Adam is an original content editor for Zelda Dungeon. He enjoys a good cup of tea. He’s hyped for BotW 2 and hopes we’ll get a Nintendo Direct with more news for it soon. Follow him on Twitter