Hello again! Welcome back to Artists of Legend, here in the middle of Linktober! This month, as we did last year, we’re partnering with the great folks from Linktober! Every day this month, they are offering Zelda themed art prompts to get your creativity flowing. You can check out more info about them, as well as links to their social media pages, on their website. And don’t forget to tag your artwork with #linktober all this month! If you haven’t started Linktober yet, you still can!
Now, let’s get right on into everything!
All this month, we’ll be taking a break from our normal prompts, and instead, we’ll be focusing on Linktober submissions that were tagged with #artistsoflegend. Now, let’s take a look at some of the fantastic submissions that we’ve gotten in the past week!
These two are by amandaoeiwells on Instagram:
These two are by catman4fr on Instagram:
These two are by olyvee on Instagram:
By 8_bit_hobo on Instagram:
By alessandra_damiano_graphic on Instagram:
By almostfearless1 on Twitter:
By ambershirelle on Instagram:
By aurumsmii on Instagram:
By cmeister_art on Instagram:
By colanopy on Instagram:
By diceshimi on Instagram:
By Doru Aparaschivei on Facebook:
By enixy on Instagram:
By fael_draws on Instagram:
By fallen_ink on Instagram:
By gai.chail on Instagram:
By houseofcardsgifts on Instagram:
By jamesartville on Instagram:
By janicescottart on Instagram:
By jhnhghs123 on Instagram:
By kikisartjourney on Twitter:
By laura_jane_ on Instagram:
By lisaghostk on Instagram:
By luismiguel_art on Instagram:
By mik3sanz on Instagram:
By miphasgrace on Instagram:
By mrscounterman on Instagram:
By nafs_creative_corner on Instagram:
By princess_zeldan64 on Instagram:
By ralaina1476 on Instagram:
By redfoxani on Instagram:
By rottencandyapp1 on Twitter:
By salted_pretzels_ on Instagram:
By sophiepf_ on Instagram:
By space_eend on Instagram:
By the.final.fanartist on Instagram:
By vonturtle_art on Instagram:
Thank you all for sharing your awesome artwork! Keep the creativity flowing!
This Week’s Challenge
For the next several weeks, we’ll be having a change from our standard style of prompts. Just like we did last year, we’ll be partnering with Linktober! To participate, pick whichever calendar – or calendars – you’d like to follow; then create artwork for the prompt given on each day of the calendar, and share it with #Linktober and #ArtistsofLegend!
Here are the three calendars:
The Main Calendar
The Quest Calendar
The Chance Calendar
And even if you missed the first few days, you can still participate! Be creative, go crazy, and have fun!
As always, here are the rules for artwork in this series.
- Keep things clean. Zelda Dungeon should be safe for all ages, so don’t go creating foul images, anything too risque, or anything NSFW.
- Stick to the main idea, but feel free to be creative with it. If you want to draw a specific scene from one of the games, go ahead; if you want to come up with something similar to a scene from one of the games with a twist on it, that’s great too.
- Any form of art is acceptable as long as it somehow displays the mentioned scene. You can draw with a pencil and paper, paint on a canvas, make pixel art on a computer, weave, carve, create the scene with Zelda figurines, even do metal work if that’s your thing. Go crazy!
- While you can submit your work in the comment section, the preferred methods are putting your work in the comment section here on Zelda Dungeon, or Tweeting or posting on Instagram with #artistsoflegend. It makes it easier for me to find the art when you submit it.
- Do not steal art from someone else.
- Do not insult other people’s art. Peaceful critiques and thoughts are one thing; direct insults are another.
- There’s no pressure. Just have fun!
I look forward to seeing what you guys create this time, and I’ll see you all next week!
Adam is an original content editor for Zelda Dungeon. He enjoys a good cup of tea. He’s incredibly hyped for BotW 2. Follow him on Twitter