Hey there! Welcome back to Artists of Legend, here at the beginning of October, and by extension, of Linktober! This month, as we did last year, we’re partnering with the great folks from Linktober! Every day this month, they are offering Zelda themed art prompts to get your creativity flowing. You can check out more info about them, as well as links to their social media pages, on their website. And don’t forget to tag your artwork with #linktober all this month! Now, from what I’ve seen, everyone is off to a strong start, and the artwork is looking absolutely fantastic! I can tell that Artists of Legend is yet again going to be well-supplied after this month is over, but for now, we have a bunch of awesome artwork to share with you! And if you haven’t started Linktober yet, you still can!
Now, let’s get right on into everything!
All this month, we’ll be taking a break from our normal prompts, and instead, we’ll be focusing on Linktober submissions that were tagged with #artistsoflegend. Now, let’s take a look at some of the fantastic submissions that we’ve gotten in the past week!
These two animations are by 8_bit_hobo on Instagram:
These two are by amandaoeiwells on Instagram:
These two are by vonturtle_art on Instagram:
And this one is by vonturtle_art’s son:
By adit.art_ on Instagram:
By almostfearless1 on Twitter:
By alessandra_damiano_graphic on Instagram:
By ambershirelle on Instagram:
By catman4fr on Instagram:
By chelseapray on Instagram:
By diceshimi on Instagram:
By enixy on Instagram:
By fallen_ink on Instagram:
By gai.chail on Instagram:
By green_jellybeans_ on Instagram:
By hyli.na_x on Instagram:
By joeldsiegel on Instagram:
By ladymarianhood on Instagram:
By laura_jane_ on Instagram:
By lukecloughart on Instagram:
By maskedgolem on Instagram:
By mik3sanz on Instagram:
By nafs_creative_corner on Instagram:
By ocngrl42 on Instagram:
By olyvee_ on Instagram:
By redfoxani on Instagram:
By redfoxani’s son:
By RogueSpoons on Instagram:
By rottencandyapp1 on Twitter:
By smileyirisart on Instagram:
By themarshallarts on Instagram:
Thank you all for sharing your awesome artwork! Keep the creativity flowing!
This Week’s Challenge
For the next several weeks, we’ll be having a change from our standard style of prompts. Just like we did last year, we’ll be partnering with Linktober! To participate, pick whichever calendar – or calendars – you’d like to follow; then create artwork for the prompt given on each day of the calendar, and share it with #Linktober and #ArtistsofLegend!
Here are the three calendars:
The Main Calendar
The Quest Calendar
The Chance Calendar
And even if you missed the first few days, you can still participate! Be creative, go crazy, and have fun!
As always, here are the rules for artwork in this series.
- Keep things clean. Zelda Dungeon should be safe for all ages, so don’t go creating foul images, anything too risque, or anything NSFW.
- Stick to the main idea, but feel free to be creative with it. If you want to draw a specific scene from one of the games, go ahead; if you want to come up with something similar to a scene from one of the games with a twist on it, that’s great too.
- Any form of art is acceptable as long as it somehow displays the mentioned scene. You can draw with a pencil and paper, paint on a canvas, make pixel art on a computer, weave, carve, create the scene with Zelda figurines, even do metal work if that’s your thing. Go crazy!
- While you can submit your work in the comment section, the preferred methods are putting your work in the comment section here on Zelda Dungeon, or Tweeting or posting on Instagram with #artistsoflegend. It makes it easier for me to find the art when you submit it.
- Do not steal art from someone else.
- Do not insult other people’s art. Peaceful critiques and thoughts are one thing; direct insults are another.
- There’s no pressure. Just have fun!
I look forward to seeing what you guys create this time, and I’ll see you all next week!
Adam is an original content editor for Zelda Dungeon. He enjoys a good cup of tea. He’s incredibly hyped for BotW 2. Follow him on Twitter