Hello, all! Welcome back to Artists of Legend! You probably know the drill by now – we have another art challenge for those of you who are interested, and a lot more artwork to share. Now, let’s get right on into everything!
Last week, we asked you to create artwork of members of Ganon’s army. And here’s what you sent us!
By Luke Clough on the previous post, Twitter, and Instagram:
By artisticelven on Instagram:
By ambershirelle on Instagram:
Here’s a bunch more great submitted artwork as well!
These two are by dusthatter on Instagram:
These two are by laura_jane on Instagram:
These two are by janna_draws on Instagram:
This one is also by the before-mentioned ambershirelle on Instagram:
By sophiepf_ on Instagram:
By vonturtle_art on Instagram:
By amanda_ruth_art on Instagram:
By amandaoeiwells on Instagram:
By cecy.art_.work on Instagram:
By chelseapray on Instagram:
By colonialplague_caitlin on Instagram:
By creativesarape on Instagram:
By desenhos_de_um_mangaka on Instagram:
By dpart_gallery on Instagram:
By enixy on Instagram:
By grxcie.arts on Instagram:
By imdrunkontea on Instagram:
By juliarangelb on Instagram:
By lyssaspex on Instagram:
By maikadoodles on Instagram:
By maknayenn on Instagram:
By maskedgolem on Instagram:
By princelink on Instagram:
By sheikahbird on Instagram:
Thank you all for sharing your awesome artwork! Keep it up!
This Week’s Challenge
With us having done Ganon’s army last week, I think it’s only fitting that we give our hero a chance to defend himself. This week, we’d like you to create artwork of items in Link’s arsenal. Swords, shields, spears, bows, Hookshot variations – if Link makes use of it at some point, it counts!
Also, don’t forget, you’re free to suggest your own ideas for art challenges, and they might be featured in a future Artists of Legend. In the meantime, be creative, go crazy, and have fun!
As always, here are the rules for artwork in this series.
- Keep things clean. Zelda Dungeon should be safe for all ages, so don’t go creating foul images, anything too risque, or anything NSFW.
- Stick to the main idea, but feel free to be creative with it. If you want to draw a specific scene from one of the games, go ahead; if you want to come up with something similar to a scene from one of the games with a twist on it, that’s great too.
- Any form of art is acceptable as long as it somehow displays the mentioned scene. You can draw with a pencil and paper, paint on a canvas, make pixel art on a computer, weave, carve, create the scene with Zelda figurines, even do metal work if that’s your thing. Go crazy!
- While you can submit your work in the comment section, the preferred methods are putting your work in the comment section here on Zelda Dungeon, or Tweeting or posting on Instagram with #artistsoflegend. It makes it easier for me to find the art when you submit it.
- Do not steal art from someone else.
- Do not insult other people’s art. Peaceful critiques and thoughts are one thing; direct insults are another.
- There’s no pressure. Just have fun!
I look forward to seeing what you guys create this time, and I’ll see you all next week!
Adam is an original content editor for Zelda Dungeon. He enjoys a good cup of tea. He’s incredibly hyped for BotW 2. Follow him on Twitter