Greetings! Welcome back to Artists of Legend! As always, we have more great artwork to share this week, and if you would like to participate, we have another challenge for you! Speaking of which, please let me know if you have an idea for a weekly challenge – it might show up at some point. Now, let’s get right into everything!
Last week, we asked you to create artwork of the different kinds of collectibles in the Zelda series. We have only one submission this week, but we also have plenty of other submitted artwork to share! If you wanted to submit to us but were too busy to, don’t worry! We all get busy sometimes; you focus on what you personally need to, and we’ll be here when you have the time.
Our submission for last week’s challenge is by marioeatsdirt on Instagram and Zelda Dungeon:
Here’s a handful of old submissions that also fit this week’s challenge.
These two are by ambershirelle on Instagram:
By catman4fr on Instagram:
By creativesarape on Instagram:
By jerbearlife on Instagram:
By onpusart on Instagram:
By stardustcindy on Instagram:
By colanopy on Instagram:
By redfoxani on Instagram:
These two are by kikisartjourney on Twitter:
By lukecloughart on Instagram:
These two are by nathaliaharold on Instagram:
By the.final.fanartist on Instagram:
Here’s a bunch more great submitted artwork as well!
By _mimimaru on Instagram:
By alessandra_damiano_graphic on Instagram:
By rottencandyapples on Instagram:
By 8_bit_hobo on Instagram:
By BananDraws on Twitter:
By blanche.draws on Instagram:
By amanda_labovitz on Instagram:
By amandaoeiwells on Instagram:
Thank you all for sharing your awesome artwork! I always thoroughly enjoy seeing it! Keep the creativity flowing!
This Week’s Challenge
This week, we’d like you to create artwork of different tools and weapons that Link uses throughout the franchise. Be creative, go crazy, and have fun!
As always, here are the rules for artwork in this series.
- Keep things clean. Zelda Dungeon should be safe for all ages, so don’t go creating foul images, anything too risque, or anything NSFW.
- Stick to the main idea, but feel free to be creative with it. If you want to draw a specific scene from one of the games, go ahead; if you want to come up with something similar to a scene from one of the games with a twist on it, that’s great too.
- Any form of art is acceptable as long as it somehow displays the mentioned scene. You can draw with a pencil and paper, paint on a canvas, make pixel art on a computer, weave, carve, create the scene with Zelda figurines, even do metal work if that’s your thing. Go crazy!
- While you can submit your work in the comment section, the preferred methods are putting your work in the comment section here on Zelda Dungeon, or Tweeting or posting on Instagram with #artistsoflegend. It makes it easier for me to find the art when you submit it.
- Do not steal art from someone else.
- Do not insult other people’s art. Peaceful critiques and thoughts are one thing; direct insults are another.
- There’s no pressure. Just have fun!
I look forward to seeing what you guys create, and I’ll see you all next week!