Posted on June 03 2021 by Adam Barham
Hello again, everyone, for one of my last times. Welcome back to Artists of Legend! As always, we have more great artwork to share this week, and if you would like to participate, we have another challenge for you! Speaking of which, please let us know if you have an idea for a weekly challenge – it might show up at some point. Now, let’s get right into everything!
Before we get into the normal content, I wanted to remind everyone that, as I stated in last week’s post, I will be stepping away from Zelda Dungeon and Artists of Legend very soon and Brittany Lindstrom will be succeeding me. As such, sometime within the next few weeks, there may be a short hiatus for the transition to work out some small changes that the series will be undergoing. However, the general formula will remain, with us sharing the great artwork coming from all of the amazing people who contribute to this series! Stay tuned for more on that in the coming weeks!
Last week, we asked you to create artwork themed around Breath of the Wild. And here’s what you sent us!
By alexaquarelas on Instagram:
These two are by ambershirelle on Instagram:
By AriLuci on Zelda Dungeon:
By blanche.draws on Instagram:
By onpusart on Instagram:
These two are by smileyirisart on Instagram:
By stardustcindy on Instagram:
By vonturtle on Instagram:
By evelynjade_art on Instagram:
By GerudoTeen101 on Instagram:
By Hello on Zelda Dungeon:
By jasqreate on Instagram:
By julia_lozartist on Instagram:
By laura_jane_ on Instagram:
By Legend of glowplug on Zelda Dungeon:
By mrscounterman on Instagram:
By nukedav on Instagram:
By salted_pretzels_ on Instagram:
By satori_art on Instagram:
By tr.wild on Instagram:
By zeldaandfairies on Instagram:
By _rottencandyapples on Instagram:
Thank you all for sharing your awesome artwork! I always thoroughly enjoy seeing it! Keep the creativity flowing!
This Week’s Challenge
This week’s prompt is an expansion on AriLuci’s suggestion last week in the Zelda Dungeon comment section. This week, as I leave and Brittany comes in to take my place, we’d like you to create artwork that focuses on a transition in the Zelda series, or the end of one thing and the beginning of another. Let me give some ideas for what could, admittedly, otherwise be a rather confusing prompt. The transition from Young Link to Adult Link in Ocarina of Time; the transition from the Light World to the Dark World or from Hyrule to Lorule in A Link to the Past and A Link Between Worlds, respectively; and the transition between the present and the past caused by Timeshift Stones in Skyward Sword – these are a few examples of transitions that could be used. You could also create artwork of the beginning of a Zelda game in contrast with the end of the game. Whatever you think of, Brittany and I are looking forward to seeing it. Be creative, go crazy, and have fun!
As always, here are the rules for artwork in this series.
- Keep things clean. Zelda Dungeon should be safe for all ages, so don’t go creating foul images, anything too risque, or anything NSFW.
- Stick to the main idea, but feel free to be creative with it. If you want to draw a specific scene from one of the games, go ahead; if you want to come up with something similar to a scene from one of the games with a twist on it, that’s great too.
- Any form of art is acceptable as long as it somehow displays the mentioned scene. You can draw with a pencil and paper, paint on a canvas, make pixel art on a computer, weave, carve, create the scene with Zelda figurines, even do metal work if that’s your thing. Go crazy!
- While you can submit your work in the comment section, the preferred methods are putting your work in the comment section here on Zelda Dungeon, or Tweeting or posting on Instagram with #artistsoflegend. It makes it easier for me to find the art when you submit it.
- Do not steal art from someone else.
- Do not insult other people’s art. Peaceful critiques and thoughts are one thing; direct insults are another.
- There’s no pressure. Just have fun!
I look forward to seeing what you guys create, and I’ll see you all next week!