Posted on February 15 2018 by Adam Barham
Hello again everyone! Welcome back to Artists of Legend! Remember, we’re posting this series every other week know, so don’t worry, thinking you missed one last week! We do, however, have another series coming out next Thursday that I’m excited to share, so keep an eye out for that!
Last Time’s Challenge
Last time, because of the proximity to Valentine’s Day, we asked you to create artwork of the reunion of Anju and Kafei from Majora’s Mask. Unfortunately, we didn’t get any submissions; however, here’s some good artwork relating to the challenge!
I look forward to seeing some more user-submitted artwork!
This Time’s Challenge
We’re having a special challenge this week! We’re opening up the creative floor a bit more than usual this time around. This week, we’d like you to submit art of anything from the entire Legend of Zelda series. If it’s from The Legend of Zelda franchise and you make art of it, we want to see it! It could be any item, location, character, or scene from any game in the series. Go crazy! There are no specific rules for this one, except for the rules that stay consistent in every Artists of Legend post.
Here are the rules for the contest:
- Keep things clean. Zelda Dungeon-Informer should be safe for all ages, so don’t go creating foul images or anything NSFW.
- Stick to the main idea, but feel free to be creative with it. If you want to draw a specific scene from one of the games, go ahead; if you want to come up with something similar to a scene from one of the games with a twist on it, that’s great too.
- Any form of art is acceptable as long as it somehow displays the mentioned scene. You can draw with a pencil and paper, paint on a canvas, make pixel art on a computer, weave, carve, create the scene with Zelda figurines, even do metal work if that’s your thing. Go crazy!
- While you can submit your work in the comment section, the preferred methods are putting you work in the comment section here on Zelda Dungeon, or Tweeting or posting on Instagram with #artistsoflegend. It makes it easier for me to find the art when you submit it.
- Do not steal art from someone else. I will be checking every submission I receive.
- Do not insult other people’s art. Peaceful critiques and thoughts are one thing; direct insults are another.
- There’s no pressure, so just have fun!
I look forward to seeing what you guys create this time, and I’ll see you all next week!
Adam is an original content editor for Zelda Informer; He likes sipping tea; He has a new series coming out on the site next Thursday; Follow him on Twitter