Ocarina of Time
- This article is about the instrument. For the game, see The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
The Ocarina of Time is an item featured in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. It is a treasued item passed down by the Royal Family of Hyrule with the ability to alter time and space through music. It was created along with the Temple of Time and the Door of Time to prevent those unworthy of touching the Master Sword.
Ocarina of Time (Game)
After Link finds all three Spiritual Stones, he returns to Hyrule Castle Town only to find it being overrun by the King of Thieves, Ganondorf. Princess Zelda flees and throws the Ocarina of Time in the moat. After Link refuses to tell Ganondorf where Zelda fled to, Link swims in the moat to retrieve the Ocarina. Upon doing so, Princess Zelda teaches Link the Song of Time in a vision.
It is the only instrument that can open the Door of Time. While holding the three Spiritual Stones and playing the Song of Time at the altar in the Temple of Time, the Door of Time opens, revealing the Master Sword and the entrance to the Sacred Realm.
|Zelda's Lullaby||Proves Link's connection to the Royal Family and has a variety of uses.|
|Saria's Song||Speak with Saria over long distances to get quest advice.|
|Song of Time||Exhibits power over the Door of Time and special blocks found in many dungeons.|
|Epona's Song||Summons Epona.|
|Sun's Song||Changes day into night and vice versa.|
|Song of Storms||When the song is played, it will begin to rain.|
|Scarecrow's Song||Summons Pierre in certain places to be used as a Hookshot target.|
|Prelude of Light||Warps to the Temple of Time.|
|Minuet of Forest||Warps to the Sacred Forest Meadow just outside the Forest Temple.|
|Bolero of Fire||Warps to Death Mountain Crater just outside the Fire Temple.|
|Serenade of Water||Warps to Lake Hylia just outside the Water Temple|
|Nocturne of Shadow||Warps to the Graveyard to access the Shadow Temple.|
|Requiem of Spirit||Warps to the Desert Colossus just outside the Spirit Temple.|
Link begins the game with the Ocarina of Time, but shortly after it is stolen by Skull Kid. He then is transformed into a Deku Scrub and goes around Clock Town looking for Skull Kid. He learns that Skull Kid is at the top of the Clock Tower. After stunning Skull Kid with a bubble, he can retrieve the Ocarina. After doing so, Princess Zelda will reteach him the Song of Time in a memory.
While in a form other than Hylian Link, the instrument changes into one that better suits his new form. On some occasions, the powers of songs will only work on one of these instruments.
|Song of Time||Returns to the Dawn of the First Day, and allows Link to save the game.|
|Inverted Song of Time||Slows the passage of time.|
|Song of Double Time||Skips to nighttime if played during the daytime, and vice-versa.|
|Song of Healing||Traps souls into masks, healing their regrets.|
|Song of Storms||Summons rain.|
|Epona's Song||Summons Epona|
|Song of Soaring||Allows Link to warp to any activated Owl Statue.|
|Scarecrow's Song||Summons the Scarecrow to be used as a Hookshot target.|
|Sonata of Awakening||Used to access Woodfall Temple if played on the Pipes of Awakening.|
|Goron Lullaby||Causes Gorons to fall asleep, enabling access to Snowhead Temple.|
|New Wave Bossa Nova||Restores Lulu's singing voice and awakens the turtle that will take Link to Great Bay Temple.|
|Elegy of Emptiness||Allows Link to create a statue resembling himself to rest on switches.|
|Oath to Order||Calls the giants to stop the moon from falling.|
- Hyrule Historia suggests that the Ocarina of Time may be made out of the same material as the Timeshift Stones from Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "Protected by the Royal Family, the Ocarina of Time is one of the keys to the Sacred Realm. It can play songs capable of manipulating both time and space." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 86
- ↑ "You found the Ocarina of Time! This is the Royal Family's hidden treasure which Zelda left behind. It glows with a mystical light..." — In-Game Description, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "With the help of Impa, Princess Zelda escaped from the castle. Spotting Link, the princess tossed him the Ocarina of Time, praying that he would protect the Triforce." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 86
- ↑ "There are three hollows and an inscription here.... Ye who owns 3 Spiritual Stones Stand with the Ocarina of Time And play the Song of Time That is how the inscription reads." — Inscription on the temple's altar, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "The song I just taught you has some mysterious power. Only Royal Family members are allowed to learn this song. Remember, it will help to prove your connection with the Royal Family. The Princess is waiting for you to return to the castle with the stones. All right. We're counting on you!" — Impa, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "When you want to hear my voice, play Saria's Song. You can talk with me anytime..." — Saria, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "How is Epona doing? If you play Epona's Song with your Ocarina, she will surely come to you. Please come back to the ranch whenever you want to train Epona!" — Malon, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "With this talk of controlling time, one can't help but think of Ocarina of Time. The ocarina is the same color as the Timeshift Stones. Could they be made of the same material?" — Hyrule Historia, pg. 53
- ↑ "Its blue-white radiance brings to mind the Timeshift Stones found in the eras of antiquity." — Hyrule Historia, pg. 86