Link first hears of Moe from Maggie. After she escaped from Forsaken Fortress, Moe gave her several Skull Necklaces, which her father sold to become rich. Maggie greatly misses Moe and writes heartfelt letters to him, but he does not respond. She asks Link to deliver one of her letters to him.
When Link returns after sending the letter, he discovers the postman Ilari attempting to deliver a letter from Moe, but Maggie's father refuses to accept it. After Ilari storms off to calm down, her father complains about how he knows nothing about Moe and vows not to let him contact Maggie.
However, Link heads to the Cafe Bar and speaks with Ilari, who tells him about the trials he went through to obtain Moe's letter. He then enlists Link to deliver Moe's letter in his stead.
Maggie is eager to receive and read Moe's letter. The letter contains two simple sentences written by the Moblin that claim that he wants to "eat" her. Maggie, however, interprets it as a marriage proposal. She declares the day and anniversary of their true love and gives Link a Piece of Heart to commemorate the occasion. She considers leaving to go and find Moe, but she loses her resolve when she thinks of her father.
- ↑ "...What? Whatever do you mean? You don't mean MY daughter, do you? Because MY daughter has already been rescued from the Forsaken Fortress. Why, she even returned with a huge load of lovely, glittering, delicious treasure. Thanks to her little incident, we've become filthy rich overnight! And I mean FILTHY!" — Maggie's Father, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Hmmmm... But no! NO! It's a nightmare! Without HIM by my side, it's like a rainstorm rages in my heart... He was so kind to me in the Forsaken Fortress. That sweet boy who gave me all those expensive necklaces when I fled from that cursed island..." — Maggie, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Just hearing his name lifts my spirits... Moe... The wonderful Moblin from the Forsaken Fortress! ...Oh, Moe! Why, Moe?" — Maggie, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "I'm always writing heartfelt letters filled with my overflowing emotions, but why don't you answer me, Moe?" — Maggie, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "...Oh, by the way, I have a request for you. Could you take the letter I've just finished inking and deliver it to the postbox for me? Please? I beg of you! Sure No way" — Maggie, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Don't be ridiculous! I went through great trials and tribulations to go all the way to the Forsaken Fortress and return with Moe's letter..." — Ilari, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Silence! I'm telling you we don't allow postmen here! Begone! Begone!" — Maggie's Father, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "RAAAAAAWRK! Foolish man! Now you've made me angry! I cannot even look you in the face any longer, or I fear I might... ...I must go somewhere to cool my feathers!" — Ilari, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "...Well, what a wretched, unruly postman! I don't know anything about any Mr. Moe in any Forsaken Fortress! And yet he always comes here bringing his letters!" — Maggie's Father, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Does this Moe think I'll let him lay a hand on my one and only daughter, Maggie?! I don't care whose letters they are, they'll never reach her on my watch!" — Maggie's Father, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "To tell you the truth, though... I came to deliver a letter addressed to Maggie from a Moblin named Moe, but as you saw, the girl's stubborn father won't permit me to give it to her. What a stubborn, meddling old man... Refusing to accept letters from the postman? Who's heard of such nonsense!?" — Ilari, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "I went to great trouble to go all the way to the Forsaken Fortress, and it was a most frightening ordeal, let me tell you! ...If I don't deliver this letter, then I am a failure of the delivery trade... But..." — Ilari, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Actually, though... I have an idea. That old fool may not permit postmen on his premises... But surely he would allow YOU in the place, would he not? Could you deliver this letter to Maggie in my stead?" — Ilari, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Is... Is that...?! Could it be? The letter from Moe that I saw in my dreams?! ...Let me read it this instant!!!" — Maggie, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ ""This is Moe."" — Moblin's Letter, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ ""I... like... you... ...Ma...ggie... ...so...much...that... ...I...want...to... ...eat you...for dinner."" — Moblin's Letter, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Did you hear that? Those words? This means... I mean, it must mean... Can it be...?!? Is this his marriage proposal? It must be! At last, my feelings have been conveyed to Moe! At last he understands how I feel!" — Maggie, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "This is the happiest day of my life! Troo di doo di loo la LAAAAAAAA! From here on out, today will be the anniversary of true love for me and Moe..." — Maggie, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Oh! It completely slipped my mind! I must thank you for your role in this! To commemorate my anniversary of true love...I give you this!" — Maggie, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Oh, that Moe... I just adore Moe's messy handwriting. Ooh di loo la la! [?] It's so dashing...and wild...and dangerous! But enough of writing! Tomorrow I travel! Troo di loo la la! [?] ...To where Moe waits for me..." — Maggie, The Wind Waker.
- ↑ "Whenever I think of my dear father, I lose my resolve to leave home..." — Maggie, The Wind Waker.