• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Clone Saga: A Spider-Man Mafia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think 15 times was an exaggeration, not an exact number.
15 is now the number I'm going with as we have no further info. I'm assuming it has something to do with the active player pool, in which case we could figure out how to take out all other threats first, then have everyone go into exile and have the remaining two people murder him twice or something. But we'll see.

Uh. Where you getting your facts? From the made-up fact store? As I have came back from the greatest variety of removal. I am the most unkillable. And it would be a mistake to try and kill me again, as I would resurect as mafia. You need to get with the program Rag

Wait, what is your current alignment?

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Town benefits most from SMS getting dead.
Mafia benefits most from PK getting dead.
Goblin benefits most from Silver getting dead.
Traveller can't win. Bummer.
Spiders just need to avoid dying themselves.

this makes goblins look better. I'm surprised you shared this feature of your role, since I'm pretty sure you'll go with whatever faction looks to be in the best place right now and I'm pretty sure thats mafia. It then follows that you'll probably be investigated/killed tonight.

goblin might then be the actual best option now that you've outed yourself and its probably in a better position than town while potentially being not anti-town enough to warrant your removal from the game.

and of course i imagine most people (including myself) would prefer you pick town.

I don't have to choose tonight. If I was afraid the game was going to end right away, I probably would, but I think the odds of an immediate game end are pretty low. So for now, I should investigate as a non-threat-to-town. If folks want to investigate me constantly to see whether or not that's changed, they're welcome to.

If town and goblins work together, well, that'll be interesting for Maf's chances, and not in a good way. And of course I didn't get info on Scarlet (Possibly because no members of that alignment have properly DIED despite KoD Flipping on his perma-exile? I really don't know.). If they'd like to clue the world in to their wincon it might be advantageous to me, but I doubt they'll do that just for my sake. The goblins do, RIGHT NOW look like they're in a decent place with MJ dead, but time will tell whether or not they can actually reach their goal.

So this is my little game... If everyone has the information on what they NEED to do, what do they actually do? Who manages to follow the path, and who flails?

For now, since I've still got my ability shot to flip alignment and no path to victory with my current wincon, I'm kind of content to be a free agent observer.

I say to you, and anyone else of any alignment: prove you can get down to business.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
if we have any proper cops left, we can just tell tevish to choose town tonight and then lynch him tomorrow if he doesn't comply

DAY 7: First Vote Count

Silverfish (3): Storm, Spider-Man, Killjoy
Storm (1): Hapi
Tevish Szat (1): Captan Lunch
Spiritual Mask Salesman (1): Aaarrrgh

Not Voting (8): 15377, Rubik, Silverfish, Freddeh, Captan Lunch, Ragnarokio, Spiritual Mask Salesman, Paranoid King

With 16 available votes, it takes 9 votes to reach a Majority.

The Day 7 Deadline is set for August 17th at 7:30 AM EST. Click here for an accurate countdown.

Ragnarokio

Vote: CL

i'm fine with leaving the goblins alive for now in light of mafia apparently wanting them dead

that basically leaves CL and SMS, of which i think CL makes more sense as a lynch because he's more likely to actually die in my mind.

I'm fine with lynching SMS as well though.

An interesting idea, Rag! However, I feel kind of threatened by the SPECIFIC form since even if I did accept such blackmail, I don't even know if my ability would process before a cop look. I don't believe Zinger has made order of operations public.

Though before you make a final answer, I ask you: do you like the game state enough to force me to choose right now to live with a town wincon or die with a different one?

And it's worth nothing that my alignment technically doesn't change. Unlike other alignments, Self isn't locked to any particular wincon. So right now I should be a Self-aligned player with the Spider win-con, guessing "Not a Clone" and therefore being somewhat hosed. I assumed that if I went with the win-con of an alignment with a cool private chat I wouldn't get access to that cool private chat or have anyone notified that I was on their side, since, ya know, I'm not ACTUALLY that alignment, I just have their Win-con. You'd have to have someone investigate my wincon specifically or probably threat status to get a meaningful result.

Rule 1.6 for alignment and wincon if you need to refresh yourself.

Ragnarokio

i assume if you chose to adopt the wincon of mafia you'd then become considered a threat to town, and even if you weren't, you'd still be one by virtue of presumably needing to kill town to win. If you don't show up as a threat or as mafia to cops though, then that pokes a hole in the plan.

I don't imagine it will ever not be in the best interest of town for you to take a town win-con. If you're asking whether or not its worth using a lynch on you to ensure you select town, then the answer is yes. If you pick non-town its feasible we'll need to kill you eventually anyways.

I assume I'd show as threat if and only if I took a threatening wincon.

If anyone investigates me legit and finds that I'm a threat or threatening alignment, then you'll do what you've got to do That's only practical. Assuming, of course, you can manifest a lynch. Turnout today is looking kind of sad.

The part that'll bake your noodle is this: If I think it's easier to win as dead scum than alive (for now) town and have to choose between the two, my choice is obvious, even in the face of a lynch. If you force me to choose when that's true rather than reducing the chances for scum to win, you take yourself for a lynch needlessly, since if you got better I could town-side in the future. Essentially, we would be more likely to win together with a later flip. I'm taking a risk sitting in this dead-end because I want the best chance to pick the winning team.

So it's kind of best for everyone involved if the gun isn't put to my head by anyone who thinks they'll have to pull the trigger. You (any established team) want me to capitulate, and I'd rather not die, so let's reach the point where that's viable. As far as I know, it's anybody's game.

Except Traveller's. He's hosed.

Tevish you're too wrapped up in OoT shenanigans. The scarlet win con has been plastered all over the game thread since the trial.

Rag get your scummy vote off of me. Yes, that is a scum vote because you are not using logic. Logic dictates goblins are basically mafia lite because they are villianous but not maf. But surely, (btw, u Goblin now? Lol) we can work together in killing threats to mafia, as together we have maj probably.

Ragnarokio

I'm currently town, unfortunately.

Townies

1. Rubik
2. Silverfish (?)
3. Ragnarokio

Scarlet
1. Numbers

Self/Spider/Spider-Mafia
1. Argh(?)
2. Storm
3. Hapi
4. Killjoy
5. Tevish

Mafia
1. SMS
2. CL

Goblin
1. Freddeh
2. PK

whether or not town has a majority depends on how much of the nebulous spider group you want to consider as being effectively town. I think seven the claimed self-spiders at this point would technically rather side with mafia if it meant having the game ending sooner, but whether or not they'd actually do that is another question. Hapi and Argh at least have seemed fairly committed to the town cause despite being self.

The scarlet and goblin factions are also probably banding with town, though they're less trustworthy in my eyes. I can't remember what either of their claimed win conditions are, if they were claimed.

This basically splits the game up into 3 groups. 2 Mafia, 3 Town, and 8 people who could swing either way, potentially. There's no clear majority there, it all depends on the rather large group of ambiguously aligned players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom