• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Clone Saga: A Spider-Man Mafia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Pardon the pressing Min but you changed the subject instead of addressing what I originally said

Which part do you want me to address? I appreciate you saying you're willing to help me win but I don't know what feels off. I can promise I'm town so helping town is all that needs be done.

funnier6

Courage~
Which part do you want me to address? I appreciate you saying you're willing to help me win but I don't know what feels off. I can promise I'm town so helping town is all that needs be done.
I cant begin to comprehend why you continue to beat the dead horse that is the reply button to KoD's posts is what is eating at my soul

I'd just like to know

I am loathe to say, but I need to actually start keeping tabs on who the heck is actually playing. Which mean creating some form of list. I forgot abut Freddeh until he was mentioned.

...or I could not do that and embrace the constant confusion. Yep, that sounds like a much better idea.

Day 2.png

SMS the Claimed "Jackal" Has Conflicting Win Conditions?
By Betty Brant-Leeds

Apologies that this is written without any flair to it, the information is important.

The player known as "Spiritual Mask Salesman" has not just one, but two win conditions. They are as follows:

1) to eliminate all Town Aligned and Spider Aligned players. (You win at the beginning of the Day if no Town or Spider Aligned players exist in the Active player pool.)

2) to remove all threats to the Town. (You win at the beginning of the Day if no threats to the Town exist in the Active Player pool.)

The two conditions seem to conflict with each other. My reporting can only determine the win condition of the player, not anything else that might explain why this player has two conditions. I have no idea if they can win either way, if they need to achieve both conditions, or if there's some other element to their role that complicates things further.

This information needs to get out there. Keep looking and we'll get to the bottom of this.

Daily Bugle Logo.png
Page 3

Editor's Mailbag
DISCLAIMER: The claims printed in letters sent to us may or may not be true! The Daily Bugle can't vouch for any hearsay from its readers, though we appreciate your enthusiasm!

Kaine said:
Letter to the Editor

I have reason to believe that ExLight does not have the Town's interest at heart. I fear he may be a danger to Spider-Man. That is why he has been marked by me.

Signed,

Kaine
Dear Kaine,

Thanks for writing! Any reason for this belief?

In the future, feel free to signify which parts of your message you want published (if any).

-Ed.

Salutations Rubik and friends. I hope you're really all town because I'm going to dump a lot of information on you. I used a strong one-shot investigative ability on day 1 because I was afraid of dying. I also used rumor mill. I gained access to nearly the entirety of [REDACTED]'s entire role PM, and I'll forward all of this information to you. What you want to do with the information is up to you.

[REDACTED] is the "THE SENSATIONAL SPIDER-MAN". His identity is whoever is on the cover of spiderman volume 1 4. I think its bill reily based on the spiderman wiki but [I'm] not positive. I didn't have access to his flavour section.

He is spider aligned. He is not considered a threat to the town. His win condition varies depending on whether he is the real spiderman or a clone (which he obviously doesn't know at the start of the game at least). If he's the real spiderman his condition is to eliminate all threats to the town, guess that he is the real spiderman when the game ends, and have both him and mary-jane survive to the end of the game. If he's a clone his win condition is just to survive to the end of the game and correctly guess that he's a clone by the time the game ends. His motivation is to mechanically confirm whether or not he is a clone, at which point his alignment, win condition, and abilities change.

His threshold is [REDACTED].

[REDACTED text about abilities]

He has access to the spider man account.

He can vote.

I used rumor mill and was told that The Spectacular Spider-Man is able to vote block an entire colour, and that this would be particularly devastating for some players.

My conclusions:

It seems like spidermen are probably differentiated from each other with colours and adjectives in their role name. They probably all have the town-survivor win condition. This means they're motivated to occasionally play in an anti-town way but fundamentally will aim for a town win. The alignment changing thing feels somewhat ominous. It reminds me of the mafia setup for Hobgoblin 2 where if they realized they weren't the hobgoblin then they would become town aligned. These spiders are already mostly town-aligned though, so I'm afraid if there's a similar "twist" in this game involving the spiders then they might join some sort of clone mafia as they realize they're clones. This is just paranoid speculation though, in the best feasible case they could just become regularly town aligned and lose their survivor wincon (though I don't know how that works out flavourfully).

I think my identity will probably be obvious because I haven't taken any effort to hide it, but I won't say who I am just in case. If you want to know, you can probably figure it out.
Dear Anonymous,

Thanks for writing!

I've taken the liberty of redacting information about who you targeted and what their more unique abilities were because that both gives them freedom to work and protects them from anyone who might be trying to hunt them down. Please note that this info is safe with our staff in case it needs to be revealed, but I'd rather protect the identity of Spidermen despite J. J. J's usual policy.

-Ed.

Addressed to the Editor of the Daily Bugle:

Never before have I seen such a fine paper! Around 15 years ago, I picked up a copy on a whim, and I have read it religiously ever since. Good news, bad news, everything is so clearly laid out! And the price is less than even a small cup of coffee!

I digress, however - put simply, I wish to thank the fine editor of this paper for their service. Such a fine tablet should not go unappreciated.

Send my regards to the journalists and photographers, as well! Completely enthralling, unlike that hogwash-spouting rubbish, the Daily Globe. Unequivocally yours,

M.
Dear M.,

Thanks for writing!

I see that you've sent the coded message "NAGA IS SCUM". Very creative! I appriciate all the compliments.

-Ed.

This is numbers, believe it or not. I find myself on the west coast. I wish I could say I'm out here on avengers business, but I'm not that scarlet spider. Whoever decided to exile me thinking they'd get him better watch your back though because now you have two enemies. Believe me when I say you haven't heard the last of Joe Wade.
Dear Numbers,

Thanks for writing!

I'm sure KoD is happy to hear that you're doing well. Please feel free to write again, your input is appriciated!

-Ed.

Peter Parker said:
Recently, we have seen a number of spider-mans roaming the city, having fun. Meanwhile, others are sitting at home, quietly leading their secret lifes, because all their costumes were stolen! The injustice. Be that as it may, be aware that there are more of us than you might think. All the better for this town, as far as I can tell. The question remains, who is the real one? I can't wait to find out! Please send all hints to the editors. Big reward awaits.

Signed,
Peter Parker
Dear Mr. Parker,

Well, what pleasant surprise this is. We used our contracting ability to have you take a picture yesterday and last night you showed up with two more on your own volition. We should have a great issue thanks to you!

-Ed.

If Venom is in this game, could you please contact me? I'd like to have a chat.
Dear Anonymous,

Contact who? You didn't leave any contact information.

-Ed.

-Ed.

Daily Bugle Logo.png
Page 5

Robbie's Notes

Dear Readers,

We've got three photographs from Peter Parker. The first photograph we commissioned of Funnier:

Rubik.jpg

As stated previously, he appears to be Rubik. He's claimed to have another real identity that he's trying to figure out with white hair.

These next two were taken by Peter Parker on his own, rather than through our contracting ability. Both pictured characters are alive and in the game:

Daredevil.jpg lizard_curt_conners.jpg

These appear to be Daredevil and the Lizard (Curt Connors) respectively.

Please feel free to send in info and specify which parts you want published.

Keep up the good work everyone,

Robbie Robertson
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF OF THE DAILY BUGLE
Contact Us

Daily Bugle Logo.png
Page 7

Puppy Corner

Puppy2.png

After consulting with our staff and psychological professionals, we've decided that puppies were an appropriate means of helping people process this mafia game in a healthy way.

Daily Bugle Logo.png
Page 9

JJJ Rants
by J. Jonah Jameson

I've been telling you all for years—YEARS—that the wall-crawling freak was a menace, but did you believe me? That's a big fat NO! And now look what's happened? The same thing that happens when you ignore a regular spider infestation in your home—they multiply! That's right, you heard it from me first. I know exactly why there's suddenly a whole bunch of Spider-Men swinging up and down the city. He's gone and laid eggs and multiplied! Nobody wants to talk about it because they think the idea of a grown man laying eggs and birthing a hundred or so more grown men is preposterous, but you know what else is preposterous? SPIDER-MAN! That's right, we don't know what kind of powers the webbed freak has. If he can spin webs like a spider, who is to say he can't lay eggs like one too? Me! That's who!

Now we've got a whole whack-load of Spider-Menaces running all over the dang city! Do you have any idea how much webbing our window cleaners (the real, city-paid heroes here) have to clean up from just one of those freakshows? Well, neither do I, but I imagine it's a lot! Don't believe the "it dissolves naturally after an hour" B.S. those Spider-Fanboys tell you; it's a HOAX! A HOAX I TELL YOU! Meant to devalue the services our city window cleaners provide probably in an effort to push for lower taxes and fire the window cleaners all as part of a propaganda campaign to make their wack-job favourite hero look less like the menace that deep down we all know he is. I know one of the city window cleaners personally. His name is Clifford Jedediah Gomez. His wife died of cancer 2 years ago and he is struggling to raise his three children all on his own. The man is a god-damn national hero if you ask me. A god-damn national hero.

Do you want to be responsible for Clifford's children not being able to go to college someday because their poor dad couldn't afford it after he got fired for not doing enough to clean up the city he has lived in and lovingly worked to clean up all his life? I DIDN'T THINK SO! So the next time someone tries to tell you that any one of those Spider-Men isn't a menace to society, you spit in their face and tell them to stop trying to undermine Clifford Jedediah Gomez's hard work to clean up after their collective messes!

Until next time, keep fighting the good fight.

-J.J.J.

Daily Bugle Logo.png
Page 10

Daily Funny

Calvin2.png

Last edited:

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Okay, because there appear to both be an actual Peter Parker and and actual J. J. J. I should clarify that I don't know their identities or alignment.

I can vouch for the fact that everything written in this paper other than potentially J's column was written by town players, though.

I assumed they weren't in the game because I had the ability to subcontract work out to both of them mechanically without having to interact with their players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom