• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Clone Saga: A Spider-Man Mafia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so that makes at least six people with access to special accounts (unless, again, there is a Spider-Man who is pretending to be multiple people for some reason).

My current working theory is that Spiders are town at least until the true Spidey is found. At that point the clones could very well split off in different directions, some of which could be scummy.

Not that that makes any difference, because we don't know who the Spiders are. And I certainly don't think their identities being publicly known would be good for town.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
when did the jackal post?

DAY 1: First Vote Count

funnier6 (2): Spiritual Mask Salesman, Killjoy
KingofDominaria (2): Ragnarokio, Aaarrrgh
Ragnarokio (2): Spider-Man, Tevish Szat
15377 (2): ExLight, Hapi
Skystone (2): 15377, Skystone
Asfinyti (2): KingofDominaria, Asfinyti
Aaarrrgh (1): The Sun Fan
Spiritual Mask Salesman (1): Morbid Minish
Tevish Szat (1): Scarlet Spider

Not Voting (9): Rubik, funnier6, naga10, Doc, Freddeh, Poyzin, Captan_Lunch, Paranoid King, Duskyblue
Voteblocked (2): Silverfish, Mellow Ezlo

With 26 available votes, it takes 14 votes to reach a Majority.

The Day 1 Deadline is set for: July 22nd at 4:15 AM EST. Click here for an accurate countdown timer.

Last edited:
Ok, so KoD seems to have some kind of automatic counter vote whenever he gets voted, but it also seems to go away when he unvotes his standard vote. It also seems he was going to hide that fact by immediately unvoting as soon as he got his with a vote.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Sorry guys, I spent the day with my girlfriend and then work was hell I never had the chance to even glance at the thread. Didn’t expect 16 pages!

I just missed the window to prove my ability to vote, (because I should be able to, assuming I didn’t get overwhelmed by the role PM). I’ll just go ahead and place one now for the next vote. This vote has absolutely zero intention behind it.

Vote Mezlo

(For the record, I almost misspelled Vote as Vore and I think that is important to share)

@Arrgh:

Why are you characterizing it that way when that fact would be obvious with Zinger's vote logs? You did play in ASMM2 where votes and unvotes were tracked because of many moving parts.

I also find it a bit mudsling-y, implicitly, for not pointing out how having multiple votes on multiple people could be hurtful (calling back to being mindful of voting people and possibly having a low threshold).

Care to explain your lapse in care here? This'll give you an opportunity to contribute beyond mere fact gathering/stating.

I just gave the first explanation that came to mind. Before the first vote count I didn't know how explicitly bonus votes would be tracked, so I figured you might not have been sure if they would be visible either. But your defence seems good enough for now, so I'm more than willing to back off. I wanted to make sure it didn't slip by without being noticed, so having you make a statement on it was really all I could ask for.

I just gave the first explanation that came to mind. Before the first vote count I didn't know how explicitly bonus votes would be tracked, so I figured you might not have been sure if they would be visible either. But your defence seems good enough for now, so I'm more than willing to back off. I wanted to make sure it didn't slip by without being noticed, so having you make a statement on it was really all I could ask for.
Reading is tech. Bonus votes are explicitly visible (unlike Secret votes, which aren't). It's in the rules. :)
Zinger2099 said:
4.7 Some characters have Bonus or Secret voting abilities. A Bonus vote is an extra vote you can cast, usually under a different name, while a Secret vote is cast in private, and cannot be linked back to you. These votes function in different ways than traditional votes and aren't necessarily subject to these rules.

Uh huh. Given how you styled your post, it is clear you intended more than just "having me make a statement". Votes, bonus or not, are tracked by Zinger in detail in Spider-Man games. That's why I brought up ASMM2: Hobgoblin Lives since you were a part of it just like me. There was no reasonable expectation that the votes would be hidden. Indeed, it would be obvious qnd easily commented on by someone asking about the votes.

But you didn't bother asking. You went straight for a veiled attack at me as characterized not only by the post in question, but also by your response. My defense seems sufficient enough indeed. You were trying to swing at me as indicated by your language.

Day 1.png

Spider Man Mafia 3 Has Begun!

Yes, friends, the time has finally come to play the game!

Like the rest of you here, I'm excited to see what direction this game goes. I don't really have much to talk about because we're scrambling to get the Bugle office functioning at such short notice (24 hours isn't much time to write a full newspaper), but we promise to do our best to deliver the best news we can offer given the circumstances.

1595099381535.png

What does this mean for you? Exclusive photos, scandalous motivations, bizarre win conditions, and more may be revealed if you stick around to let our staff "do our thing". We've got a team of talented subcontractors who may sporadically submit their findings to us to help us piece things together, but don't let that stop you from sending in your own info in the "Letters to the Editor" section!

Rubik has given us permission to "out" him as a member of our staff because it was "completely obvious" that "Zinger would have [him] do this newspaper thing again". We're happy to have him joining our staff once again to keep things running smoothly!

We're also excited to announce that we've got a new social media account who will be posting and interacting with our fanbase in the near future. Keep your eyes peeled!

Daily Bugle Logo.png
Page 3

Editor's Note

Dear Readers,

In the past, we've had problems with a member of our staff dressing up like the Hobgoblin and running around the streets in a strange orange costume, but I can assure you that this is no longer the case. All staff involved in the incident have been de-brainwashed and are once again fit for work.

The Daily Bugle is here for pure unbiased reporting of the facts. I give you my word as the editor-in-chief that you have no reason to distrust any of the Daily Bugle's reporting staff. All of us are effectively masons.

Please send any and all information you can that can lead to the elimination of any and all threats to Town or can help us get to the bottom of this whole "clone" mess that seems to be going on. Should we break a front-page story that reveals the truth behind the "clone incident", our staff should also be able to identify the "Jackal" that seems to be at the center of all of this.

Keep up the good work everyone,

Robbie Robertson
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF OF THE DAILY BUGLE
Contact Us

Daily Bugle Logo.png
Page 4

Puppy Corner

puppy1.png

After consulting with our staff and psychological professionals, we've decided that puppies were an appropriate means of helping people process this mafia game in a healthy way.

Daily Bugle Logo.png
Page 5

Daily Funny

Calvin1.png

Last edited:
Ah! Grand timing! A brand new edition of the Daily Bugle has hit the newsstands!

I'll take this moment to casually remind players of this awesome feature you all have access to, which was highly underused in A Spider-Man Mafia 2.
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Once per Day, any living Active or Exiled player may write a letter to the Editor of the Daily Bugle. What you include in this letter is entirely up to you. When you send the letter (to the Mod by PM), identify if you would like the letter to be signed (by your Character name) or if you'd rather remain anonymous. The Editor may decide to include your letter in the following edition of the paper, or they may not.

As always, I don't control the Daily Bugle. I just deliver it. That paper is crafted by a team of excellent individuals. Worth a read or two! And if you like what they say, let them know!

I don't know man, insisting everybody should remember how Zinger does a vote count in a game thats older than some players mafia history seems harsh.

Everybody, no. Especially since not everyone has played in a Zinger game (especially a Zinger Spider-Man game).

Arrgh, yes. Especially since Arrgh has played in a Zinger game (ASMM2 as mentioned previously). Besides, i can forgive forgetfulness when the intent is innocent. That's not so with Arrgh's intent as i have already covered.

As a public service announcement, I'm going to remind everyone that the 24-hour soft-limit on "Big Guns" mentioned in post #5 has passed.

If you are still holding back out of "fairness to all", your enemies might not be at this point... Think about that.

@Laurentus still hasn't checked in at all. It would be a darn shame if they died before they even knew the game had begun, but there's only so much I can do to ping a person. Meanwhile, @naga10 also hasn't shown their face around here, but has at least confirmed they know the game has started, so if they aren't keeping up and die before they've even seen their Role that's on them at this point. :shrugs:

Y'all know this is a game that has been hyped for 3 years, right? 16 pages in the first 24 hours is not surprising one bit. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom