• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ZD Forums - Zelda Dungeon Forums

Link&Midna
Link&Midna
I've only spent 3 minutes trying to understand this but I give up.
MightyMario
MightyMario
Principal Skinner welcomes his boss, Superintendent Chalmers, into his home for a luncheon he hopes will be a memorable one. However, after seating the Superintendent, Skinner discovers that his roast has burnt in the oven, and decides to cover his mistake by ordering fast food from the nearby Krusty Burger and passing it off as his own cooking.

As Skinner is climbing out the kitchen window, Chalmers walks in abruptly. The awkward moment is interrupted by a theme song in the style of a 1980s sitcom, complete with a title card and montage. Skinner lies, claiming he's merely stretching his calves on the windowsill as isometric exercise, and that the smoke from the burning roast is actually steam from the "steamed clams" he is preparing. Though suspicious, Chalmers is mollified and leaves the room, letting Skinner rush out the window and across the street to the Krusty Burger.

Skinner returns, emerging from the kitchen with a platter of hamburgers and fries, which Chalmers questions, as he recalls Skinner saying they were having steamed clams. Thinking quickly, Skinner responds that he actually said "steamed hams", which he claims means hamburgers in a regional dialect. Chalmers asks which region Skinner means, and he responds that the phrase hails from upstate New York. Chalmers, who grew up in Utica, has never heard the phrase before, but Skinner further specifies that it is unique to Albany, which Chalmers accepts.

The two begin eating, and Chalmers immediately notices that the burgers Skinner "prepared" are exactly like those served at Krusty Burger. Skinner cheerfully insists they are homemade "steamed hams" from an old family recipe, but is flummoxed when Chalmers points out that the "steamed" burgers are clearly grilled. Tripping over his words, Skinner excuses himself from the table, only to discover that the kitchen is now in flames, as he had neglected to extinguish the roast that was burning in the oven earlier.

Acting as though everything is normal and the luncheon has simply come to a natural end, Skinner almost succeeds in getting Chalmers to leave quickly without noticing the fire. As he rises from the table, however, Chalmers is alarmed at the sight of a red glow coming from the kitchen. In his most preposterous lie yet, Skinner claims the glow is from the Aurora borealis. Though Chalmers is initially extremely skeptical of such an absurd claim, Skinner's cheerful insistence convinces him that it must be true, even when Skinner refuses to allow him to see the "Aurora" for himself.

As Skinner walks Chalmers out of the house, Agnes calls out to him from upstairs that the house is on fire, but Skinner dismissively calls back that "it's just the Northern Lights". The Superintendent states that although Skinner is an odd fellow, he "steam a good ham". As he walks away, Agnes (off-screen) begins yelling out for for help. A concerned Chalmers looks back at Skinner, who gives him an insistent smile and thumbs-up. After Chalmers finally turns his back and walks away, Skinner races back into the house. The Springfield Fire Department rushes to extinguish the fire off-screen.
Chevywolf30
Chevywolf30
Chalmers: Well, Seymour, I made it. Despite your directions.
MightyMario
MightyMario
Skinner: Ah, Superintendent Chalmers, welcome! I hope your prepared for an unforgettable luncheon!
Chevywolf30
Chevywolf30
Chalmers: Ehhh.

*Walks into the house, putting his champagne into the ice on the table*
MightyMario
MightyMario
*Skinner walks into the kitchen and gasps*

Skinner: Oh, ye gods! My roast is ruined!

*He walks over to the window and looks at the Krusty Burger across the street*

Skinner: But what if… I were to purchase fast food and disguise it as my own cooking? *chuckles* Delightfully devilish, Seymour!

*He starts climbing out of the window*
Chevywolf30
Chevywolf30
*Chalmers enters the room and sees Seymour climing out the window*

Chalmers: SEYMOUR!
MightyMario
MightyMario
*Skinner looks up*

Skinner: Superintendent, I was just… oh, what the hell… Sir, I accidentally burned my roast and I was going to go across the street to go purchase hamburgers instead… I hope you can forgive me, sir…
Chevywolf30
Chevywolf30
*Chalmers shoots Seymour*
Link&Midna
Link&Midna
**** just got real
MightyMario
MightyMario
*Skinner parries it and does a frame perfect combo against Chalmers*
Chevywolf30
Chevywolf30
*Chalmers staggers, rolls around Seymour, and uses his Principal Rage perk (+10 STR for 10 seconds after taking damage) to throw the burning oven at Seymour*
Top Bottom