• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Clone Saga: A Spider-Man Mafia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
@Captan_Lunch can i ask you to cast a vote on someone so as to confirm that?
@Duskyblue I'd like for you to cast a vote on someone too, unless you have a good reason not to.

The first vote count should land in ~20 hours, and I'd ideally like everyone in the game to be voting at that time.

VOTE: Rag

This vote is for the purposes of counting

My vote exists and counts.

It counts extra against targets with a higher threshold than mine. My Threshold is majority. So if anyone needs more than majority to lynch and I vote them, that vote is worth extra. This is why I asked about vote counts, I wanted to know if I could hot-swap vote count requests to reveal who has a threshold higher than (starting) majority. Zinger probably rightly silenced that idea, but since we're all counting for inventory, that should be taken into account.

I'll move my vote if Rag needs me to in order to get an accurate survey of available votes.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
I'll move my vote if Rag needs me to in order to get an accurate survey of available votes.

it shouldn't matter. The only thing we might want to avoid is stacking too many votes on a single player, since if they have a particularly low thresh-hold we might end up accidently lynching them.

Ragnarokio

I agree, I was going to suggest everyone to self vote, but what if someone's threshold is super low? I don't want want to accidentally hammer someone

If anyone has a super low thresh-hold and is afraid of being prematurely hammered then they should claim their thresh-hold once that becomes a concern to them

if there threshhold is like 2 or 3 or something then they might want to claim from the get-go, but in any case they're in danger from dying at any time even if we weren't testing votes.

self-voting makes sense as a means to evenly distribute the votes without risking hammering someone, but I want people to be able to place serious votes while we're working things out. If its just for 24 hours it might not make a big difference.

Ultimately its probably better for people to make a point of not stacking too many votes on people too quickly, but at this junction i'm happy enough just pushing people to vote anywhere by the time the first count lands.

Ragnarokio

they might be kept around and speed hammered during -Lo if they do that though

If they have a very low thresh-hold they'll be dead sooner rather than later in all probability anyways. Its better they claim than be lynched, but they should probably also hold their claim until they think they're in danger of being lynched. Also its been a while but from what i remember most of the threshholds in spider man 2 were flat, meaning that people who currently have low threshholds now will eventually have high threshholds, as majority loweres.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I literally just said that if they claim they're likely to get hammer lynched at -Lo
if we reach -Lo too early this is basically guaranteeing an even early loss and we might have to shoot them to prevent that or something which is super bad
on the other hand if they don't claim and don't get lynched their low threshold won't mean much in the late game and they'll arguably be like normal players

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
If they have a very low thresh-hold they'll be dead sooner rather than later in all probability anyways. Its better they claim than be lynched, but they should probably also hold their claim until they think they're in danger of being lynched.
I think I agree with this. Ideally, it's good to know who all has a low threshold from the get-go, but at the same time it could make it easier for mafia to get them lynched and is something that could easily be faked because nobody is going to want to try proving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom