|14.1 Isle of Ruins|
Items: King's Key,
Gems: Wisdom #19, Wisdom #20, Power #19, Courage #19
- Once you dock, Linebeck is quick to realize the odd shape of the island. Donít
mind what he has to say for now and just head straight up into a cavern.
- Walk around the hallway until a door will shut behind you. A zora warrior pops
up from the water. Battle him just like previous zora warriors and once he is
defeated, a small bridge over the water is created. Cross the bridge and read
the stone tablet on the other side. Afterwards, Ciela mentions that we should
visit the third knight, Bremeur. Hurry to the left and exit the cave.
- Back outside youíll notice you are now on the higher area just to the left. Walk
down and cross the bridge on the left. Jump across the water towards the narrow
platforms on the left. Youíll notice there are a few stone tablets that cannot
be reached at the moment. Donít mind them for now and jump across the platforms
to the northwest part of these narrow passages. Be careful of the many like
likeís that are in your path.
- Eventually youíll come to a bridge. Cross it and then head up to the northwest
part of the island. Walk up the stairs and jump off the ledge to the right.
Defeat the few stalfos that jump out of the trees. You can head left from here
where you will see two red rupees on the ground. One of them is a like like.
After you defeat it, dig around in this area and you will find a big green
- Afterwards, walk back to where the stalfos were and begin scaling your way
upward towards the pyramid at the top-left of the island. Enter it to find that
it is Bremeurís Temple.
- There is a large lock in the center of the temple but you need the Kingís Key to
unlock to it.
Head to the top of the room and speak with the spirit of the third
knight, Bremeur. He blabbers on for a while, explaining that King Mutoh did have
the pure metal, but it was stolen and he is enraged. He then agrees to open a
new path and says you must access the temple to the east.
- Leave Bremeurís Temple and you will see a bridge appear nearby. This will give
Link access to the east side of the island and the second knight, Doylan. Make
your way over to the newly created bridge and cross it. Just to the right youíll
see a single tree. Roll into it and a big red rupee pops out. Great! Defeat
several miniblins and follow the path on the ground towards the northeast part
of the island.
- Cross the bridge and jump off the platform to the right. Donít mind the path to
the right and just keep heading east. Run past a series of stalfos that are
tossing bones in your direction. Make your way to the small pyramid at the
northeast part of the island.
- This is the pyramid of the second knight, Doylan, and it is quite a bit more
intense than Bremeurís.
Maneuver past several rolling rocks on the left and wind
your away around the room. Pass a few shooting arrows from the sides to get to
the right side of the room. Watch for the trapped door in the ground and climb
the steps. Cross the bridge, defeat two stalfos, and then climb the steps. Speak
with Doylan and he is impressed that you were able to conquer the enemies in his
temple. He rewards Link with the Kingís Key.
|New Item: King's Key
||Isle of Ruins - Second Knight, Doylan
- Doylan gives the Kingís Key to Link and he instructs Link to return to Bremeurís
temple and use it there. Using the key on the lock will lower the water within
the Isle of Ruins allowing Link to access new portions of the island.|
- Doylan instructs Link to return to Bremeurís temple and use the key to restore
the land. Leave Doylanís temple and make your way back to the northwest of the
island. Youíll have to take a detour and head north near the center of the
island. Be careful of the stalfos tossing bones out at Link. Then head left and
make your way to Bremeurís temple once again.
- Use the Kingís Key on the large structure in the center of the temple and it
will shrink into the ground. The water around the temple will drain and the seal
will break, resurrecting the land. Bremeur will say your next destination is the
first knight, Max, at the southeast part of the island.
- Leave the temple and take a look around. Your map has totally changed, as a
lower level is now accessible with the lowered waters. Before jumping down to
this new area, head back to the right across the bridge that Bremeur created
earlier. Just to the right there is a cave that use to be submerged in water.
Now that it is accessible, enter it and youíll find some rupees and a treasure
chest. Open the chest to get a wisdom gem.
|Wisdom Gem #19
||Isle of Ruins
- After using the Kingís Key and lowering the water level on the island, a new
cave is reachable and is marked on your map. It is just east of the bridge at
the northwest part of the island. Head inside and open the treasure chest to get
View Wisdom Gems Guide
- Leave the cave and then jump down to the new lower platform. Make your way back
to the east side of the island. Avoid the boulders and head to the area just
west of the large pyramid on the map. Youíll see a treasure chest just sitting
there so open it up to get a big green rupee.
- Head down and youíll run into a series of large rocks. Roll the first one you
see to the right. Climb the next two sets of stairs to find a second large rock.
Roll this to the left and it will crash into another rock, breaking both of them
in the process.
Now run over to the broken block and head down to the southeast
part of the island.
- Defeat the stalfos and climb the steps. There is another large block here and it
has two secrets. First just roll it up once and then all the way right and it
will cross a bridge before rolling into another large rock. Run across the
bridge and then head up. Youíll come to a treasure chest, so open it up to
receive the final wisdom gem
|Wisdom Gem #20
||Isle of Ruins
- Once you first enter the southeast part of the island, roll the large block to
the right across a bridge to break it against another large rock. Then cross the
bridge and head up to find a treasure chest. Open it up for the gem.
View Wisdom Gems Guide
- Now backtrack to the last large rock you were at.
This time just push it once to
the right and then roll downwards until it crashes into another large rock. Head
down across the small bridge and youíve finally made it to the next pyramid.
Defeat the stalfos and then head right in the area just north of the pyramid.
Circle around and enter the pyramid.
- Maxís temple is pretty straightforward. Just head up several steps and speak
with the first knight, Max. He says that he can allow you to meet King Mutoh if
you try to defeat the monster.
He says you have to pass his trial before he will
let you pass on. You need to draw the secret crest on the corridor door. You
must solve the riddle written on the tablet in the corridor.
- Leave the temple and Max has opened up the door just to the right.
donít quite know the secret crest so head around the third pyramid once again.
This time scale the steps at the left and step on a switch to create a bridge.
Cross the bridge and then head left a screen.
- Defeat the miniblins in this area and head down the steps above. Head up a
screen and youíll see a treasure chest on the lower platform to the left. Drop
down and open it up to get a power gem.
|Power Gem #19
||Isle of Ruins
- After lowering the water on the island, Link will press a switch near the
southeast of the island that creates a small bridge. Cross the bridge and youíll
jump down to a lower platform near the center of the island. Open the treasure
chest that is here for the gem.
View Power Gems Guide
- Head south from here and you now have access to the lower areas of the southwest
of the island. There are several tablets in this section and each of them gives
you clues with stars. It all starts with the one at the top-left of this area
that is on a higher platform.
- Follow the number of stars to get the correct order of the tablets.
Northwest (1 star)||
"Travel east of me. All begins and ends with me."|
Northeast (2 stars)||
"Travel south of me."|
Southeast (3 stars)||
"Travel northwest from me."|
Middle (4 stars)||
"Travel southwest from me."|
Southwest (5 stars)||
"Travel north from me."|
- Connecting the five tablets in the correct number of stars and you get a weird
looking shape. It somewhat looks like the letter W with the to ends connected.
Head to the northwest of this area and climb the steps to leave this tablet
- Before heading back to the southeast part of the island, there are a few side
items we can get.
Navigate the island back to Doylanís temple at the northeast
portion of the island. Directly south of the temple a new staircase is
accessible, since the water was lowered. Take it and youíll find a few rupees
around. Grab them and then head right and circle all the way around Doylanís
temple. Just southwest of the temple in the lower area is a treasure chest. Open
it up to get a courage gem.
|Courage Gem #19
||Isle of Ruins
- After the water has been lowered on the Isle of Ruins, you can reach a new area
around Doylanís temple. Just southwest of the temple there is a treasure chest.
Open it up for the gem.
View Courage Gems Guide
- Also, if you head to the northwest of this area, youíll see a small area where
you can jump across to the left. Do so and then circle around Mutohís Temple to
the northwest. There is another treasure chest that contains a big red rupee.
Now that this is out of the way, we are now ready to enter Mutohís temple.
Navigate around the island and return to the southeast portion of it.
- Make your way through the door that Max opened up and youíll find a red door.
Connect the dots on the door and draw the crescent symbol that we figured out
from the tablets on the left side of the island. The door will open up. Follow
the path and either just run by or defeat the two stalfos that appear. Tap the
door and head up and two zora warriors will jump out of the water. These guys,
you have to defeat. Use the boomerang to stun them and once both are defeated, a
door above will open up. Head up the stairs and enter Mutohís Temple.
|14.2 Mutoh's Temple|
Items: Hammer, Aquanine
Gems: Courage #20
Heart Container: #13
New Enemies: Shell Spinner
- Walk forward and Ciela will say she thinks this place is filled with traps and
tells Link to be careful. Anyhow, youíll notice two switches right near the
If you hit each of them, they will create a bridge across gaps on both
sides of the room. However, both switches are timed switches. Once the time is
up, the bridges will disappear.
- Just head up for now staying on the right side of the room until you see a weird
looking tile on the floor. Use your bombs and explode a hole in the north wall.
Be careful of a trapped door just above. You can head to the right and youíll
find a closed door on the right that cannot be opened. The door at the bottom can be,
so tap it open. It just leads back to the temples entrance.
- Stand just north of the two switches and use your boomerang to hit the one on
the right side. Then quickly run towards the bridge it has created, avoiding the
floor trap. Cross the bridge and then head to the far right of the room. Step on
the switch and it opens the door to the left, allowing even quicker access to
the temple entrance.
- Run north and the door will shut behind you. Two stalfos will appear so fight
them off just as we have done before. Once defeated the door will open and a
bridge will appear above. Cross the bridge and step on the switch and the torch
will light on fire.
- Return to the temple entrance and now we need to make our way through the left
side of the room. The stone tablet on the left gives a hint of bombs, but there
is an even better way. For now, just cross the two moving platforms on the left
and get to know your path. Be careful of the floor trap.
- Once you are ready, head back to the two moving platforms. Stand on the one on
the left and trace a boomerang shot all the way to the left switch.
and then run towards the next moving platform. Be sure to time your boomerang so
you can make the next moving platform and reach the bridge. Once you cross, run
to the left and step on a switch to lower a door that leads to the temples
- Head north passed the door and it will close behind you. Another couple of
stalfos appear just as before.
Defeat them and cross the bridge to the north.
Step on the switch to light the second torch, which will lower the spikes near
the door. Walk down the stairs.
- A new breed of stalfos can be found in the basement of Mutohís Temple.
pirate like stalfos will be holding swords instead of tossing bones.
Just defeat them just as before and head down across a narrow bridge above the water. While
this room is quite massive, there isnít much to do at all right now so just
climb the steps on the left.
- Upon returning to the first floor you meet a new enemy, a shell spinner.
- These shells will spin around the room, bouncing off of basically everything.
Unfortunately, Link cannot defeat them without the hammer. Once he does get the
hammer, one smack will flip them upside down at which they can easily be
- There are three shell spinners here and a weird looking switch in the ground on
the left. Donít mind them for now and just head up the steps on the right to get
up to the second floor.
- Tape the door on the right and youíll find yourself in a mini maze filled with
rupees and rupee likes. Fight them off and be sure to open up the treasure chest
on the left to get a treasure. Walk to the bottom of the room and climb the
Jump off the ledge to the left and Ciela will mention more about what
exactly that switch on the ground is. Walk up the steps to get up to the third
- The door shuts behind you once you enter the room. Defeat the two stalfos that
appear as well as the rupee like. Once defeated, the door will open up and a
treasure chest appears at the top of the room. Open it up to get the hammer.
|New Item: Hammer
||Mutoh's Temple - 3F
- The hammer allows Link to hit some of those strong rusty switches. It also is
used as a weapon in defeating a few previously unbeatable enemies. If you tap
and hold the hammer, it becomes a jump hammer and makes a huge smash. Since the
hammer is the so lightweight, Ciela carries it and is able to hit distant items
- Run back down the steps and put your hammer to immediate use by hitting the
rusty switch on the left.
Pass through the open door and read the stone statue
above. It tells you to stand by the footprint and smash the pillar. This will
catapult Link to the area to the left. Repeat this on the next few platforms to
get to a few shell spinners. Use the hammer to flip them and then the hammer
once again to defeat them. Jump off the ledge to the right and head down the
- Smash the three shell spinners and then slam the switch on the left with the
hammer. The door will open so head down the steps to get back to the basement.
- There are two large rocks on the left. Climb up to the one on the left and push
it off the platform to the right so it smashed against the other rock, breaking
both of them. Then head up across the narrow bridge and then left across another
bridge until a door closes behind you.
- Two of the pirate stalfos will appear. Why not try your new hammer on these
foes? They will break into pieces with one shot. Once defeated, head through the
open door and down the steps to the second basement.
- Smash the two switches on the left and the spiked log will begin to roll to the
Follow behind it and then head south. Step onto the moving platform and
ride it southward.
Be sure to smash all the switches and stalfos on both sides
of the platform. Switch on over to the next moving platform and continue
southward. Once you hit all the switches another spiked log at the bottom will
begin to move. Get off the platform and head south below the spiked log. Open up
the chest found here to get the final courage gem.
|Courage Gem #20
||Mutoh's Temple - B2
- The gem is in a treasure chest near the southwest corner of the room. Use the
hammer to hit all the switches on the left side of the room to activate the
spiked log. Then head to the area below it to find the treasure chest containing
View Courage Gems Guide
- Head back up and climb the steps on the right. Open up the treasure chest here
to get a small key. Climb the steps on the right to get back to the first
- Step on the switch on the left and it will open up the door above. Back in this
familiar area, cross the bridge to the north once again, but this time use the
small key on the locked door. Strike the floating pyramid item and the water
within the temple will lower.
- Jump off the platform to the lower grounds. Donít mind the sunken bridges, as
the spikes on the sides arenít harmful at all. Walk to the left and defeat the
stalfos that appears.
Read the stone tablet and it says the path will open when
might attacks change the color of the tiles. Pound the center tile and all of
them will change over to red. If you pound a different one, just keep pounding
away until you get a hang of how they flip over. Once they are all red and
matching the other tiles, the door below will open up.
- Follow the path below and climb the steps on the left. Stand on the footprints
and smash the pillar to sling your way up to the higher platform. Pull out your
bow and shoot an arrow southeast of where you are. Aim at the upside down
pyramid structure and it will flip over once again, this time raising the water.
- A new bridge is raised on the left so take it down to the southwest part of the
room. Another set of tiles lies on the floor. Smash it with the hammer until all
of the tiles are turned to red and a door will lower, allowing Link to aim at
the same pyramid item again. Make your way right and across another bridge. From
there use the bow and aim an arrow to the left and hit the pyramid item to lower
the water once again.
- Jump off the platform and head down the stairs to get back to the second
basement once again. Youíll see a tone of blocks on the floor as well as the big
key lock. Smash the ground just as before until all the blocks on the ground are
red. This creates a bridge on the right so cross it and head up the steps.
- Now on the southeast part of the room, use the hammer on the two pillars while
standing on the footprints to sling your way up. Use the boomerang to hit the
arrow switch on the right to make it face to the south. Then use your bow and
shoot an arrow into it. It will forward the arrow southward and hit the pyramid
to raise the water once again.
- Cross the bridge to the right and then shoot another arrow into the arrow
switch, which will hit the pyramid and lower the water. Youíll notice there is a
pattern on the lower floor below. You need to make the pattern on the higher
platform match that of the lower platform to proceed.
- Once that is matched, a door to the left will re-open. Jump off the higher
platform and then hit the pillar to catapult to the higher platform once again.
Pass through the now opened door and jump off the ledge above. Defeat the
stalfos here and open the treasure chest on the left for a big green rupee.
- Continue northward and youíll find a large rock in your way. Push it to the left
and youíll see another large rock in your way, but this one you canít get by.
There is a higher platform to the left but no large rock to push.
Walk back to
the first large rock and push it to the left over the footprints. Then use the
hammer to catapult it up to the higher platform. From there, push it down the
steps to the right and it will smash against the other rock.
- Walk down the steps on the right and open the treasure chest here to get a small
key. Then climb back up and catapult your way up by using the hammer.
- Walk to the northeast part of the room and jump off the ledge. Continue
following the path and use the small key on the locked door. Walk to the left
and youíll see a set of catapults on the higher platforms and a large rock on
the left. Catapult the rock and yourself up four platforms.
From here, roll the
large rock to the left and it will break against another rock. Climb the steps
on the left and open the chest to get the temples boss key.
- Jump off the two ledges to the south and head down the nearby staircase. Drop
the boss key right by the staircase here for now. Step aboard the moving
platform and it will send you southward. Use the hammer and defeat the stalfos
on both sides of the moving platform. Once you defeat the four stalfos and reach
the end of the moving platforms route.
Just jump off or ride it back to where
the boss key is. Pick it up and once again ride it back along the moving
platform now that there are no enemies in your way.
- Use the boss key on the large locked door and head north. Catapult yourself up a
few platforms using the hammer and then head down the steps to get to the third
basement of the temple.
- Jump off the platform and head north and tap on the stone tablet. This will
create a blue warp portal to the entrance of the temple. Break all the loose
pots and once you are ready, head on north to face Eox, the boss of Mutohís
|Temple Boss: Eox, Ancient Stone Soldier
- Hammer to weaken, multiple hits to defeat.|
Throws you off.
- Once Link enters the boss chamber, he sees this massive stone creature. This
ancient warrior usually starts Link off with its rather slow fist smash attack.
It simply winds up and strikes the floor near Link. He does move quite slowly so
you can simply run away from the area he is striking. Be careful though because
if he doesn't hit you but is close enough, it will still cause damage. The other
attack that this stone warrior has is the turrets that are around its neck.
These will shoot out arrows at Link, which are quite easily avoided by simply
moving around. Your shield will also deflect these weak arrows that are shot
- When it isn't attacking, run to one of the four catapults that surround the boss
chamber. Step on the footsteps and smash the pillar to launch Link into the air.
You will notice that Eox has many red bolts all over his body. With the hammer
equipped, strike at the red bolts repeatedly while you are in the air. After
several hits to a spot, part of his stone armor begins to crumble. Repeat this
method of attack for all ten of its red bolts. It takes three swings with the
hammer to break off each piece of Eox's armor.
- After ten bolts are gone, the former massive yellow enemy has fully changed to
gray and has become much more vulnerable. Four new red buttons appear on
Eox's face. Just as before, catapult your way up to his body and use the hammer
to strike at each of the buttons. This time however, you only need strike each
button once, but you must strike all four buttons in one catapult. Once you
strike the button it will change to the color blue. If you don't get them all,
the buttons will reset to red. Hitting all four buttons will make Eox collapse
to the floor.
- He still has some fight in him and the turrets in his head will continue to
shoot arrows out at Link but this time more furiously. The view of the room has
shifted as well. No longer is Eox standing up and taking up both screens. Since
he is just moving on the ground, the top screen has once again become the map.
When Eox is close by, use the catapult once again, but this time we want to land
on top of Eox's head. Now use Linkís sword to slam the blue crystal on top of
his head. You lose a half of a heart if Eox throws you off of his head so strike
him quickly. Repeat this process until Eox is down for good.
- Avoid this slow moving boss's attacks and get to any of the four catapults.
Use them to propel yourself onto Eox's body. With the hammer, strike the ten red
- After all the red bolts are gone, four new buttons appear on his face. Use
the same method as before. They each only take one hit, but will turn blue once
you hit them. You must get all of them in one go, because if you take too long,
they will reset back to red.
- After he collapses, shoot to the top of his head and quickly slam the blue
crystal with the hammer. Repeat.
- Once defeated, Link will pull out the Phantom Hourglass and suck 2 more minutes
into it from the remains of Eox. You now should have the maximum of 25 minutes
in the Phantom Hourglass. A treasure chest will appear in the center of the room
and a staircase also is created. Open the chest to get the 13th and final heart
|Heart Container #13
- Now with sixteen full heart containers, head down the stairs to get to speak
with King Mutoh.
Just walk up the series of steps and speak with king. The king
will thank Link for restoring silence to the temple. He speaks highly of Link
considering he has the three spirits of the ocean king and was able to defeat
Eox. Unable to help the ocean king himself, King Mutoh will give Link the sacred
treasure, the Aquanine.
|New Item: Aquanine
- Found in the room just beyond Eox in Mutohís Temple. Aquanine is the third of
the pure metals that Link needs to forge the Phantom Sword.|
- Grab the final pure metal and then head into the blue portal that has been
created. Run back to Linebeck and show off your new treasure and then set sail.