These days, fans will do anything in order to be surrounded by the passions they love. A great example of this is how reddit user lifesquared showed his handmade Link quilt. Not only does it look warm, but it looks professionally done.
lifesquared was even kind enough to share some details about how he or she made the quilt.
“da da da DA! You got a Link Quilt. My first ever quilt, my mom even had to teach me how to use the sewing machine!
- Step One: I created the pattern in excel based on a few sprites online and in screenshots, and used it to figure out how much of each color material I needed.
- Step Two: I bought fabric and cut what seemed like a million squares.
- Step Three: I put these into rows and sewed each row together horizontally.
- Step Four: I sewed each row together, trying to line up each square. (You can tell I dropped the ball on that part.)
- Step Five: I made a border and chose the back fabric and quilted it
It’s a lot more work than I expected – especially since I made it a full queen size instead of a small one – but well worth the effort since I’m a huge fan.”
What do you think of this quilt? Would you try to recreate it? Do you have similar works that you’ve created? Have a conversation in the comment section below.